Location of 110V/USB ports on 2014 Sierra (without Console)

LeeT73

Hey Guys,

Just trying to figure out if I can live without the Console for my GMC Sierra SLE. I really want leather, but when I do the 'Build and Price' I see that I cannot select Leather buckets, I can only select Leather 40-20-40 seats (i.e. No Console).

Anyway, even without the console, I see that there is a 110V outlet and USB.

Can anyone tell me where these ports are located?

Thanks!

The USB or at least one of them is in the top storage compartment of the folding center seat, the 110 plug I am not sure. I texted a friend with an SLT that has 40/20/40 seats to find out if no one answers by then

In that first pic there are 2 usb ports, an sd card slot, i pod jack, and cigarette lighter jack. In the flip up console/ back of the middle seat. I like the the bottom of the middle seat also flips up for gun storage.

I swapped my 04 to a console. On long drives I miss the middle seat, in town I love the console. I have driven both types of SLT's. The console is nice but to me the center seat setup is more comfortable and feels like there is more room

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S4 using Tapatalk Pro

Benefits of a middle seat:

- Feels more roomy

- Middle seat allows you to transport 6 people

- Middle seat allows you to sit beside your lady friend (My wife, who always wants to sit beside me)

- Middle seat allows you to place objects beside you (Envisions Christmas presents for kids)

- Great spot under the seat for storing a gun (Not relevant to me here in Canada

Benefits of a console:

- Lots of storage

- Looks pretty cool

- More ports

- More readily accessible ports

Anything else to add Gents?

USB DSC_0173_zpsad6b2a34.jpg 110V, bottom right DSC_0163_zpsa1466ea9.jpg

CRAP! Your rings aren't lit up! Call the FBI, NAACP, FDA, TSA, Homeland Security, everyone! GM didn't light up ALL the rings around ALL the knobs in ALL the trucks, regardless of trim!

Other than that, I like it. I have the split bench in cocoa/dune. Had a console for 15 years and wanted a change. Enjoy!

USB 110V, bottom right

CRAP! Your rings aren't lit up! Call the FBI, NAACP, FDA, TSA, Homeland Security, everyone! GM didn't light up ALL the rings around ALL the knobs in ALL the trucks, regardless of trim!

Other than that, I like it. I have the split bench in cocoa/dune. Had a console for 15 years and wanted a change. Enjoy!

OMFG!!!

This guy didn't buy a truck for its interior lighting, doesn't give a crap about "missing" knob lighting.

:D

OMFG!!! This guy didn't buy a truck for its interior lighting, doesn't give a crap about "missing" knob lighting. :D

For real! What the knob actually does is clearly illuminated, which is the only part I care about. To each his own, I guess. I have had vehicles where the (power) door lock/window switches weren't illuminated, nor the steering wheel controls. That, will piss you off. Now, I always check in the dark before purchase.

You can get leather with buckets, I saw plenty of them when I was shopping back in August. For me the challenge was finding cloth with the console, which was a must have for me. The large lit storage compartment and all the power and usb ports are great.

Definitely sit in both and then decide. The seats themselves will be the same in both. I went into my purchase insisting I have a console, and ended up buying one with a bench due to the dealer stock - and am extremely glad I did. I like having the extra storage and floor space provided by the bench seat option, as well as the flexibility to squeeze up to 6 people in the truck if the need arises. I also use it when my dog rides with me in the back and I don't want her crawling all over the truck while I'm out - I can just raise the console up and it's as good as a doggie gate. I've had floor consoles in every vehicle I've ever owned, so I had this perception that the bench was the lesser option... but I'm really glad I was forced to consider it.

Archived