Wait time when ordering a new Sierra

I went to several dealerships. 18 inch rims and crappy colors on almost every lot. Why don't they just build ONLY the desirable ones then?

I was responding to the other post that said GM wants every dealer to have their fair share of desirable ones... So based on that GM should have an idea what the desirable ones are. They obviously aren't the 20 that are on the lot I looked at.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I should have been more specific in my original post. I am wanting to get a Quicksilver SLT 4x4 crew cab with the following options:

black/dark ash leather

20" chrome aluminum wheels

off road package

3.42 rear axle

integrated brake controller

navigation

Bose

heated and cooled seats

front and rear park assist

power sunroof

(still debating on driver alert package - any thoughts?)

The kicker is the integrated trailer brake controller. I can find a few trucks that are close to what I want but there isn't anything exactly like I want with the brake controller and that is a must have. I would love to be able to order a truck with the Max Trailer package to get the 3.73 axle but that is not an option on GMC's website right now. I even debated on ordering a Silverado because Chevrolet still shows this option on their order page but I just don't care for the way the Silverado front end looks. I am going to be calling a friend of mine who is a salesman at a Buick/GMC dealer about an hour from me tomorrow to see what they have been seeing in regards to order time frames and to see if they are allocated any orders right now. If I go ahead and order one now I would hope that the rebates will be much better by the time it gets here in February or March. The current $1500 incentive plus the 7-8% dealer discount isn't quite good enough for me yet. I would like for the incentive rebates to get closer to the $3500-$4500 mark on top of the dealer discount.

Does anyone know how long the wait is when ordering a new 2014 Sierra Crew Cab 4x4 from order date to delivery?

Thanks

I should have been more specific in my original post. I am wanting to get a Quicksilver SLT 4x4 crew cab with the following options:

black/dark ash leather

off road package

3.42 rear axle

navigation

Bose

heated and cooled seats

power sunroof

The kicker is the integrated trailer brake controller. I can find a few trucks that are close to what I want but there isn't anything exactly like I want with the brake controller and that is a must have. I would love to be able to order a truck with the Max Trailer package to get the 3.73 axle but that is not an option on GMC's website right now. I even debated on ordering a Silverado because Chevrolet still shows this option on their order page but I just don't care for the way the Silverado front end looks. I am going to be calling a friend of mine who is a salesman at a Buick/GMC dealer about an hour from me tomorrow to see what they have been seeing in regards to order time frames and to see if they are allocated any orders right now. If I go ahead and order one now I would hope that the rebates will be much better by the time it gets here in February or March. The current $1500 incentive plus the 7-8% dealer discount isn't quite good enough for me yet. I would like for the incentive rebates to get closer to the $3500-$4500 mark on top of the dealer discount.

Hello stormh2oguy,

The time can fluctuate depending on various factors, but it typically takes around 6-12 weeks from order to delivery. If you would like assistance locating a vehicle, locating a dealer, or have any other questions, we are here and happy to assist.

Jonathan A. (Assisting Jennifer)

GM Customer Care

Ordered my Silverado LT crew cab on Oct. 4th. I just arrived at the dealership Dec. 6th. That was 9 weeks to the day.

My father-in-law ordered a Silverado double cab, and it only took 6 weeks to arrive! (he ordered 3 weeks after I did, and his truck arrived the day before mine ... to the same dealership).

From what I've read, the wait times really seem to vary. Like Jonathan (from GM) just posted, anything from 6 - 12 weeks is "normal". Kind of strange that it really varies by THAT MUCH?!?!

I went to several dealerships. 18 inch rims and crappy colors on almost every lot. Why don't they just build ONLY the desirable ones then?

I hear what you're saying. Almost ALL of the trucks on the lots local to me have bench seats, unless they're an LTZ, and most of them have 3.08's, unless they're a Z71. Point being, I wanted a 1LT with a full center console and 3.42's, so I had to order a truck. There literally wasn't a single truck that matched what I want, but there were (and still are) a couple dozen trucks that are all spec'd very similar to each other, that appear to still be sitting there!?! (....'cause I certainly don't see them out on the roads driving around).

Even my own salesman said he questioned his manager (who does most of the inventory ordering) on WHY he built them all the way he did (.....all bench seats, all with 3.08's, etc.).

I ordered a Sierra SLT with a 6.2L engine and the max trailer package on 11/5/13. I just got word today from the dealership that my order now has a target production week of 12/23/13 with an anticipated delivery in mid January.

black/dark ash leather

off road package

3.42 rear axle

navigation

Bose

heated and cooled seats

power sunroof

black/dark ash leather

off road package

3.42 rear axle

navigation

Bose

heated and cooled seats

power sunroof

You should be able to order max trailer on an sle or slt.

• 3 weeks later...

I ordered mine up here in Canada about the first week of November. Dealer told me yesterday that it was built and sitting at the plant. That is way sooner than the 10-12 weeks they said :)

Update - Ordered my truck 14 Oct and GM picked up the order on 15 Oct. The truck arrived at the dealer on 24 Dec which was 10 weeks to the day. Unfortunately, I was out of town when it arrived but I'll be picking it up today.

:cheers:

5.3 CC SLT, 3.42, 6.5 Bed, 2WD, Silver, Bucket Seats, Nav, 20" wheels

• 2 weeks later...

Ordered an SLT 4WD Crew Cab, Z71, 6.2 engine, 20" chrome aluminum wheels, integrated brake controller on October 22. Dealership tells me the 6.2 and 20" wheels are constrained. Eleven weeks and counting and dealer had told me the TPW was 12/23; as of today, the dealer cannot even confirm the vehicle has been built......getting a bit frustrated!

I am also in Canada. My truck was order in mid October, was build and ready to be shipped on November 18th. It then sat at the factory and was not shipped until December 13th. My truck has still not arrived and likely won't until the second week of January.

I had the same issure with mine back when I ordered it. Ordered - Aug 20, Built - Oct 24, Recieved - November 30. Yep 14+weeks

The only good part, I got extra out of the dealership. I got the preinflation price, cash introduction price + an additional 1500 dealer rebate, the special promo of 0.9% that the dealer was offering at the time. And they were made to keep the trade in value of my car because I had a signed offer and contract. They tried to get me to bite on the newest incentives at the time say that I would come out ahead but it wasn't even close. If I renagotiated when the truck arrived, I would have lost everything else.

• 3 weeks later...

I can tell you I ordered a 2014 Chevy Silverado ltz 4x4 last Oct. The build date was Nov.4th it arrived in Jacksonville at the port on Dec.2nd 2013.I am still waiting on it to be released to my Chevy dealer. I have made my second payment on it. Called GM several time and they told me there is nothing they can do.

I am Very unhappy with GM customer service. They don’t care about the burden they caused me.

Does anyone know what else I can do or talk to?

I can tell you I ordered a 2014 Chevy Silverado ltz 4x4 last Oct. The build date was Nov.4th it arrived in Jacksonville at the port on Dec.2nd 2013.I am still waiting on it to be released to my Chevy dealer. I have made my second payment on it. Called GM several time and they told me there is nothing they can do.

I am Very unhappy with GM customer service. They don’t care about the burden they caused me.

Does anyone know what else I can do or talk to?

I call B.S. Admin please flag/remove this troll. No bank is going to finance anything until it's delivered.

Archived