Tire suggestions - need AT

reldridg

Hello everyone I am purchasing a 2014 gmc sierra with the 18" polished aluminum wheels and the all season tires.

I am going to try and negotiate a change in the tires, I drive alot in the snow and Ice here in Idaho as well as visit a lot of sites on dirt/rural roads. Can someone make a tire suggestion for me to try and get them to make somewhat of a trade?

I was thinking of trying to get them to trade out (plus cost I am sure) to bridgestone dueler at revo 2's.

I am running them on my 2005 grand cherokee and so far they do pretty wheel, they do not clean out as well as I would like them to but in sticky junk I do not think anything would.

Suggestions and ways to go about getting the most out of the dealer would be much appreciated.

Thank you.

Ryan

my last truck came with Duelers at best they were ok. after that I went to the BFG All-Terrain T/A KO those were great snow and mud. As long as I had a couple sand bags in the back I didn't need 4WD unless I was dragging the rear end in the snow. they are sensitive to being rotated but I got 55k on a set rotating every other oil change.

BFG all terrain is the only all terrain I will put on my truck. they are good on the road ride quality wise and great off road in the mud (can't say how they do in the snow as it never snows here in Houston). If you want something a little cheaper than the BFG's get the nitto terra grapplers. the bridgestones revo 2 are just an aggressive road tire IMO.

I'll just give my .02

I just had kumho road venture a/ts put on my 2001 sierra and they are awesome. The tread is really deep for an all terrain. Mine aren't loud, and they are pretty reasonably priced.

Sent from my XT901 using Tapatalk

Well I picked up my truck yesterday. I looked at the several different tires that people mentioned and priced them out both at the dealer and a couple of tires places in town.

I went ahead with the dealer they gave me a trade in value of $110 for each tire which I thought was fair enough.

After looking at several tires, and then looking at my checkbook, I had them install Mastercraft Couser AXT tires. They seem to have received decent reviews and had a decent tread pattern that looks like it can eject snow, mud and stones pretty well. The trade out was right at $300 so it seemed like a decent enough deal. I will be trying them out tonight going up to my cabin. Thanks for the advice on the tires.

I am picking my 2014 Sierra SLT w/ 6.2 in a week and decided to change to a more aggressive tire than the GY Wrangler SRA's it shipped with. Not to mention the horrible reviews everywhere for them. I was leaning towards the Michelins LTX but in the end decided to take a bit of a flyer on a relatively new GY Wrangler AT Adventure. Stuck w/ same size 275-55-20 as stock. Much more aggressive tread and the reviews I read we're very positive and should do well in snow (12"inches in CT) as well as reasonably quiet on highway. Will post feedback after I finally pick up the truck I order in late October.

I stuck with the stock size also, I like the clearance in the wheel well with them and it allows room for some cables to be used at some of the muddy sites I have to go on. Plus I am short and I realized both my wife and I have to pretty much hop out of the truck, so going plus 1 on the wheel size I might break an ankle jumping out ... time for some running boards.

Archived