Viewing text messages on 2014's screen?

Not me, I don't even hear the notification for text messages. My Moto-X has a feature where it will read my text messages and give me the option to reply, all hands-free while driving. Problem is, if connected to truck I don't even hear the text.

I have a question kinda related...if your phone is synced up to the truck, and you get a phone call, can you just say a voice command to answer the call and automatically start talking or is there buttons that need pushed?

I have a question kinda related...if your phone is synced up to the truck, and you get a phone call, can you just say a voice command to answer the call and automatically start talking or is there buttons that need pushed?

On the steering wheel on the right there is a button to pick up the call and another to hang up.

On the steering wheel on the right there is a button to pick up the call and another to hang up.

Picking up the call is the same button if you want to use voice commands. It would not work because you would be answering the call.

In general when I have a call come in a blue "Answer" box pops up in my DIC. I push the CHECK button on the right steering wheel to answer the call. I just found the hang up button...

I have an IPhone 5S with Verizon. It sinks but I do not see or get Text messages when sinked.

I think that automakers are trying to get away from people texting and driving all together. reading a long text on the phone and reading a long text on you screen is the same thing. People are not capable of doing it while driving.

It would be nice to have text displayed but I'm ok with it because society as a whole have enough problems driving.

There are plenty of apps that will read you your text message when in car mode and prompt you to voice a reply.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.matthew.rice.voice.text&hl=en

You won't hear them when B/T is connect if you allow streaming audio if you are listening to anything else other than the phone.

You won't hear them when B/T is connect if you allow streaming audio if you are listening to anything else other than the phone.

My galaxy works fine. Its the setting already on the phone.

It doesn't display them through screen but it does read the messages out loud.

When I turn on driving mode my text messages get read aloud over my phone. Even when I'm connected to bluetooth and not using they phone my phone speaker will still read them to me. If i'm on the phone talking through my truck it will read them through my truck speakers which is annoying when I'm talking to someone that doesn't need to hear my text

Archived