GM customer chat

I was told a few days ago that my truck was supposed to be at the VDC on 2/1/14. So I logged into the Chevrolet customer service chat system to hopefully find out if was there. Here is part of the transcript.

10:49:30 XXXXXXX: Thank you for waiting patiently. I did check the status of the order and it appears that your vehicle has been shipped as of January 18th.
10:49:51 Customer: jan 18th?
10:50:04 Customer: thats old info
10:50:30 Customer: it was supposed to be at the VDC in New York today
10:51:47 XXXXXXX: The system that I have access to on the weekends shows that the latest update was on the 18th. If you are interested in more details information we can check with or Order Fulfillment Center on Monday and send you an email or call.

So I guess Chevrolet uses different computers on the weekends? Or the chat rep doesnt give a F*&^?

I think they have to call another department that doesn't work on weekends. Yesterday when I was asking about mine the rep had me hold for about 10 minutes while he called the "Order processing center" or something like that. When I have gotten more detailed info on my order the reps have always appeared to be accessing another source/department. When I got a "lazy" rep who gave a quick response it was always old info that I had from weeks past. I think the first level reps have just basic info on the order. The guy I chatted with yesterday did say to check back Monday as he mentioned they get the most updates Monday morning.

Hey Everybody,

I do apologize, but what the previous agents have stated is true. The system we use to track your vehicle status does not operate on the weekends. The chat agents handle customer assistance as well as other inquiries. If you would like to PM me your order number, I would be happy to send you an update on Monday!

Kind Regards,

Jonathan A.
GM Customer Care

Archived