Feels like transmission is slipping.

My 2014 crew cab 4x4 tranny shifts great on normal starts from lights or accelerating to pass vehicles etc. The only issue I am having (thankfully does not happend that much as I drive off hours) is if in heavy traffic where you go from stop up to 5-10mph and continuously going slightly faster or slower my transmission will slightly shutter and seem to be looking for the right gear to use, even at these low speeds, guess I will add that to my list of things for warranty.

Hello Aznative,

I'm sorry to hear of your concerns with your transmission shuttering. I'd be happy to offer my assistance and look further into this concern. If you'd like to discuss further, please send me a private message with your contact information and VIN.

Andraya

GM Customer Care

• 3 months later...

Took truck in for several warranty items and wrote up the transmission searching for gear and shutter again, this time the tech took the truck for a long test drive and was able to duplicate the problem. He took pan off tranny and pulled the valve body out of the transmission and was able to find a control valve that was malfunctioning so he replaced it and transmission now appears to work fine at all speeds

• 1 month later...

My 2014 Silverado has 8000 miles on it and commonly slips between second and third gear. A quick internet search indicated this is a common complaint. Does anyone know if this will lead to transmission failure?

See your dealer not the Internet

The transmission in my '14 would shift a little hard sometimes at first, but after about 1-2,000 miles it seemed to have went away. I'm at almost 9,000 miles now and haven't had it do anything weird for a very long time. I don't know what it was, but making an educated guess that it was just breaking in. As for traction control, I haven't really felt it yet unless I didn't know that's what it was. This is the first truck with all these systems so it's not like I was used to them. I've only had had either the traction control or stabilitrak light come on maybe once and didn't seem to feel anything. I used to even feel the G80 lock into posi in my old 98 in the rain, but luckily I haven't felt this G80 do that so maybe GM has made good improvements to them (hopefully at least to the strength).

I was also told to drive it for a few THOUSAND ! miles and see if it got better. What ,did they think I would get used to it or forget?

To get back on to your original topic (and not people who chime in with issues taking over your thread), it actually can be very helpful to put a couple/few thousand on them. The adaptive parameters and the design of the transmission are set up to evolve and adapt to your driving habits. It's not an overnight deal, and can take some time to learn your driving. I would say, keep driving it and see how it does with some time. If there is little or no change, the dealer should have the ability to wipe the adaptive learning history clean and let it re-learn.

We're so sorry to hear that you are experiencing transmission concerns as well, Jeremy. Please let us know if further assistance is needed. We can certainly reach out to your dealership on y our behalf to discuss this matter. Please send us a private message with your full contact information, VIN, current mileage, and dealership name if our help is needed. We look forward to hearing from you!

Kristen A.

GM Customer Care

I have had this same issue with my '14 Silverado. Occasional slips at slow speeds. I'm going to contact my dealer.

How many miles is on your truck? Mine and other people that has had the issue it stops after a couple thousand miles.

• 1 month later...

I have 27,000 miles and its still happening. It shifts pretty hard from 1st to 2nd gear and then shifting into 3rd sometimes feels like it slips - this all only happens at slow take off speeds ( which is my driving style). I went to the dealership that I purchased the truck from and they said I have voided my power train warranty because I put oversized tires on the truck and they won't even look at it. This is the most ridiculous excuse I've ever heard of. I've already called another GM dealer and they are going to look at it tomorrow. I completely baby my truck in the way I drive it and for that dealership to tell me that crap after I spent over 30,000 on a new truck with them was very offensive.

Archived