Change Oil Message

On a 800 series trucks can you reprogram the message center for a longer interval between oil changes?

Out of curiosity, what mileage are running now using the OLM and what would you like to set it to, if you could? Like Mike has pointed out, you can't change the OLM programming

I have a 2000 and a 2006 model truck. From 2000 to 2010 I change my oil at every 3000 miles, so the change oil message never came on. I thought(assumed) the message came on at 5000 miles. In 2010 after reading the debates on 3000 vs 5000 Change and money getting tight, I would just change the oil when the message came on. I've decided to start using synthetic oil and thought I could go longer between oil changes so I wanted to see If I could program the message to come on at say 7500 miles. I thought the message light came on at a set mileage from when you reset it on these year trucks. What Mike said I thought only applied to the new series trucks. Old dogs can learn new tricks.

Thanks txab, that's a great article. My trucks use the revolutions + engine temperature method to figure oil life. And if corvette are programed for synthetic oil there might be a way to program our trucks.

Archived