Most disappointing car/truck you've owned?

SnakeEyeSS

Probably our 2013 equinox LT1. Its the 3.6 awd. It has extremely poor street manners, it shifts like shit ever since 3 miles. It revs a ton and goes nowhere. Its fast but even people who dont know about TM know its there. When it shifts 1-6 it just revs up to 3600 and stays there for 3 seconds. It just shifts horrible but not as horrible as the craftsman ship the thing is a tin can it takes no damage! I almost ripped the tow hitch off it pulling it out of the ditch in a blizzard with the burb. I bent the equinox's tow bar lol. What a pos. and the windshield pops when its cold and it rattles all the time. My old 2011 5.3 ECRB 6L80e got 2-3 MPG worse lol wtf

Damn out little 4 cyl AWD 12' equinox we just traded off was great!!! Just too small

Only complaint I had was the rear hatch wasn't sealed well. Like it closed good, but the hatch shocks were all rusted. It would fill up with snow

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Damn out little 4 cyl AWD 12' equinox we just traded off was great!!! Just too small

Only complaint I had was the rear hatch wasn't sealed well. Like it closed good, but the hatch shocks were all rusted. It would fill up with snow

I musta got one of the bad ones

• 1 month later...

This was definitely the most polarizing, 2010 Evo X. Super expensive maintenance, very short maintenance intervals, cheapest interior of any vehicle ever. It was a lot of fun and a head turner but after the rear diff blew up and after dealing with the dealer (nightmare) I got rid of it.

5452398830_390c392b1d.jpg

evo5-1 by ThePieCo, on Flickr

My first and last ford.. a 97 mercury mountaineer. Slower than a rock rolling up a hill, drank gas, went through 2 transmissions in 80k miles, was never right after the first one died. You'd have your foot to the floor going up a hill, truck would REFUSE to downshift, drop 20mph, people behind you are honking for slowing down so much but you can't get out of overdrive to get up the hill.

Gave up on it when the mechanic at the ford dealership came out of the back and got in my face, told me "I'm the ASE certified technician here, you're just some kid (I was about 20-21 at the time) and I know there's nothing wrong with that transmission. Do NOT bring this truck back here again! IT WILL NOT GET SERVICED!"

I said forget it, put it up for sale a week later.

Never bought a ford product again. Don't miss it, good riddance. Junk.

My first and last ford.. a 97 mercury mountaineer. Slower than a rock rolling up a hill, drank gas, went through 2 transmissions in 80k miles, was never right after the first one died. You'd have your foot to the floor going up a hill, truck would REFUSE to downshift, drop 20mph, people behind you are honking for slowing down so much but you can't get out of overdrive to get up the hill.

Gave up on it when the mechanic at the ford dealership came out of the back and got in my face, told me "I'm the ASE certified technician here, you're just some kid (I was about 20-21 at the time) and I know there's nothing wrong with that transmission. Do NOT bring this truck back here again! IT WILL NOT GET SERVICED!"

I said forget it, put it up for sale a week later.

Never bought a ford product again. Don't miss it, good riddance. Junk.

I was eating a hotdog and almost choked on it laughing at the first part. Thats some bad service right there. Shoulda called ford and complained

I was eating a hotdog and almost choked on it laughing at the first part. Thats some bad service right there. Shoulda called ford and complained

No comment about you choking on a weiner

Archived