Most disappointing car/truck you've owned?

SnakeEyeSS

At least with Jeep's you knew you were going to be working on them. No disappoint me there.

My first car was a brand new 85 CJ7. It has been a source of major disappointment over the years. Not any thing it did while I owned it, I have been disappointed in myself that I sold it.

I guess you took me statement the wrong way.

My '77 J10 was more reliable with less break downs than the '07 GM truck.

Granted the Jeep was way less equipped but hey, there is a difference of 40 (forty) years!

:)

so long

j-ten-ner

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I got so sick of that car. I finally just got it running and got rid of it. Dealer gave us $2000 trade in and gave it to Car Mart :lol:

Sent from my LG-D800 using Tapatalk

Haha. I had mine a few years, but it sat for probably over 9 months between two different occasions. First time was for a complete engine rebuild. Drove it for a while, and while I was laid off the $400 Optispark with 4,000 miles on it that I just replaced decided it wanted to give up the goat. Worst decision I ever made was buying that car.

Sent from my Droid Ultra

Most disappointing vehicle I purchased was a 2006 ford explorer, bought it used in 2009 with 30k miles on it. Soon after ownership I got, blown radiator, gushing water noise in the dash, heater blowing cold air when engine is idling, tank evap system problems, leaking sunroof, horrible gas mileage, not to mention that the techs in our local ford dealer are crooks. I remember one time when I brought it in for an oil change, they topped up the radiator and forgot to put the cap on, I discovered that after driving a couple of miles away from the dealership.

89 LeSabre. Horrible FWD handling and sewing machine sound, Would not start until about the 3rd try after setting overnight and the dealers could not fix it. Before that it would just die randomly until they replaced the PCM. Plus it had some nondescript set of qualities that just made me hate the thing. The only vehicle we ever had that I just couldn't stand. Being GM fans we replaced it with a 94 Roadmaster that we loved. Had the Roadmaster for 15 years and it is still on the road with the second owner. Traded the Roadmaster for the Challenger SRT8 in 2009.

Tough question.... My ford 6.0 diesel f350 was a money pit but that was to be expected my 11 Silverado had many small issues that disappointed me as it was my first new truck but I really think it was dealer attitude that turned me off more than the truck... My 91 cutlass sierra maybe disappointing because it never broke down or cost me a dime in repairs and ran great BUT the rust took it out.. That was a disappointment. Hated to junk that thing the way it ran

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

'97 Ford Ranger. By FAR the worst POS I've ever owned. It would cut out for no reason, with no dash indication that anything was wrong, then start working again in a few seconds. FORD Detroit Engineering admitted it had a problem, but they didn't know what it was. I tried to Lemon Law the thing, but that didn't work out 'cause the Lemon Law guy they sent "didn't see a problem" Idiot.

I sold it and bought a Silverado. I'll NEVER own another Ford. The Probe and Taurus I had were crap too, for different reasons. The Probe's fuse panel cracked, causing all kinds of electrical gremlins, and the Taurus' engine had to be rebuilt early in its life...I forget the mileage.

Thank you, Ford Motor Company for making me a loyal General Motors customer for LIFE. Every GM product my family has owned, and there's been a few, has been great.

I had a 2012 Tahoe LTZ 4wd that I finally traded after maybe 12,000 miles of hell. It went to the shop at least once a month for about 8 months, 7 times on a wrecker. GM would not do a buy back and I didn't want to try the lemon law after hearing how that worked for others. I traded it in for a 2013 that's identical except its silver instead of black. Whoever bought that POS I wish them the best. It would just stop and start smoking and jumping like a bucking horse and after about a mile it would shut off and the cats were stopped up and were replaced 3 times and all kinds of other crap. GM sent some ahole from corporate and said this was a routine case of a bad fuel pump, that apparently happened about 4 or 5 times.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

1992 Eagle Talon, dohc non turbo. Bought it used, the first month of owning it, the exhaust rusted off in front of the resonator. The car handled awesome but had pcm problems and leaked oil like the Exxon Valdez. Traded it in on a new 1997 Firebird...loved that car

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk

1997 Ford Ranger XLT, 2wd, 2.3L 4 cyl. I bought it in '98 as my first truck. The truck was solid but the engine was junk, it had absolutely no power to do anything. Then if you had to turn on the AC you were better off just getting out and pushing it, you probably would have gotten there faster. Unfortunately for me personally and thankfully for that engine it was put out of it's misery 7 months after I bought it...Chevy Van (3/4 ton) failed to stop for the red light I stopped for and was pushed into an F-150 in front of me. The driver's side door was about the only undamaged part of the truck. I still have the spare key I forgot to I had.

The WORST car I ever had, for quality and frequency of breakdowns, etc., was the 1976 FIAT 124 Spyder. The local towing company knew me by name voice. I called them so often, I didn't even have to say who it was, I just said "Hey, it's ME."

The most disappointing vehicle was the 2007 Toyota Tacoma. I wanted it to replace the BEST vehicle I ever had (and still have) which is the 1990 Toyota 4x4 X-cab truck. 360,000 miles and still going strong, but man, there wasn't hardly anything I found likeable about the Taco. I only kept it 5 months and 6,000 miles before trading it in (when it started burning oil) for the 2006 GMC Sierra, same price and ten times the truck.

• 3 weeks later...

My 08 Silverado 1500 VMax NHT was initially a disappointment. I had high expectations. I found out the shocks were so soft I nearly lost control of the truck on the way home from work on the freeway I traveled everyday in my 99 2500 and my 79 El Camino and a Toyota pickup, without problem. I changed to Bilstein 5100s in the first month. Then I found out the bed had massive holes in it that allowed dirt and water to get into my topper. GM still hasn't addressed that last one. The 6.0L engine was so badly regulated by torque limiting and and so badly tuned that it just felt like a piss poor carburetor installation. I ended up having Black Bear do a driving tune to get it acceptable, with a regular gas (no power increase) tune. I eventually got everything straightened out, but I was disappointed GM didn't get these things right.

1994 Dodge Ram 3500 diesel with auto trans. My 91 Dodge was great keep it for 15 years. The 91 would pull circles around the 94. Traded it for a 95 V10, ended owning dodges for pulling for me.

I had a 95 2500 Cummins/auto and it could barely pull an empty trailer.

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk

To tell you about the most disappointing I have to tell you about the best, the best was a 2005 Chrysler Pacifica we bought with 24k on it we put a 153k on it and all I did was put a $60 part on it the whole time I owned it, and the people are still driving it that we sold it to. That being said we bought a 2010 dodge journey to replace the Pacifica and was told that it was comparable to the Pacifica and it was dodges version of Pacifica so to speak and it was nothing like it, it didn't run the same and was the most uncomfortable ride I ever had, that was the most disappointing car I ever owned, I would've set it on fire but that would be a waste of gas and a match.

'92 Mustang LX 5.0

Slow as molasses with 5.0 and aod when I bought it, still slow after heads, cam and intake, still slow after 5 speed swap and still slow with a 347 stroker.

The best the car ran was a 13.7 @ 104.

It was unreliable as hell and always breaking something. Finally after a few years and thousands of dollars I sent it on its way for about 1/4 of the money I had into it just to get it gone ASAP.

Archived