Hard start when cold

I was thinking fuel pressure regulator myself. White1500 is right, real easy job on the drivers side fuel rail. I used a flat head screwdriver to pry off the c-clip and used my hands to install the new one, but can be done with your hands. I always try to go cheapest part to most expensive. Beats replacing a fuel pump if it corrects the issue. Also, did you consider possibly bad gas since you're in a different area then you're used to? If I remember you said you're on vacation in Florida. Maybe a thing of Lucas and some 89 octane?

Edited by AaronSamsonite

• 8 years later...

If it's not that it's probably the one way check valve that pressurizes the lines after leaving the fuel tank. It's hard to change but there's a fix you can do if you splice in a good one way check valve that will keep the lines pressurized. Use some decent fuel lines vinyl type will work with some good fuel injector clamps.

• 5 months later...

I have a 2006 Chevy Silverado 1500 with a 5.3. The truck runs rich and has a hard time starting when its cold sometimes taking multiple attempts to start and has a rough idle for about 2 mins. It also had O2 sensor codes on top of running rich I have since replaced the O2 sensors and still have the problem.