My Suburban 2015 LTZ's issues

I have a 2015 Suburban. It's a POS.

1. Vibration and wandering on roads

Road Forced balance 3 times, replaced both rear tires, replaced all 4 shocks Still not fixed

2. Wind noise and drumming noise @32-42 mph and 55-64 mph unable to find problem

3. Rear 3rd row seat will not fold down flat and lock (60-40)

Removed 60%side and replaced the cushion and seat cover Still not fixed

4. When it rains, it sounds like bubbles coming from the front of the sun roof. Unable to find problem

5. Transmission not shifting correctly, sometimes will not down shift when passing or when turning and accelerating

Unable to duplicate

6. Left mirror takes up to 7.5 mins. to remove condensation, right clears in 2.5 mins. Useless when raining

Within factor specs. from dealership. (live in north Fl.)

7. Right rear passengers window frame delaminating

Replaced complete window frame. Now left rear doing the same thing

8. Missing at idle.

Unable to duplicate

I've given up on the dealer I bought this POS from (Coggin Cheverlot Jacksonville, FL.) Got tired of being told "it's within factor specs." Can't trade it due to taking at least a $10,000.00-$15,000.00 hit. GM is aware of these problems and "DON'T GIVE A SHIT" to try to help you. I will never own another GM/GMC vehicle after this one. I try to send everyone I know to some other make (Japan or some other brand) to buy. Everyone on this site needs to do the same.

Don't blame you. Sounds like your dealer is as much an issue as anything else. A lot of those issues should have been fixed and over and done with. The vibrations and drumming are another story.

But in general GM produces high quality vehicles. See recent JD power results. The people you refer to Japan and co are just as likely to run into problems.

There's no doubt these full size SUVs have some issues though. As I get to know mine, even with 3.42 gears, I think it spends way too much time at low rpms and in v4 mode, which seems like the cause of the vibration. Would love to get rid of the afm altogether. Doubt it nets more than 1mpg real world anyway.

Hope they get your vehicle fixed.

JD Power is as bad as GM. I've tried to email them with NO response. GM used to have HIGH QUALITY vehicles. I owned a 2001 Tahoe with 265,000 miles on it. Road 10 times better, NO mechanical issues. We needed a bigger vehicle due to having all the grandchildren we have (good problem to have). Wife loves the color and interior. Silver/coco dune inside. AFM is a POS. While working at a GMC dealer, I saw more than one vehicle that the cam had a lobe wiped off of it. This would have to be fixed by tearing down the whole top of the motor. This is as resent as 4 years ago. GM/GMC knows about all these problems. They are telling dealers not to fix them. Same way they did with the ignition problem that they are now in civil court on. I guess it will take someone to be killed or injured to get them to get off there ASS and fix these vehicles.

That silver / cocoa dune is really sharp.

Agree with you on the AFM. It probably helps for CAFE but is crap for driveability. Would be easy for GM to retune the afm to be less aggressive.

I'm not here to defend GM, but sure you know from working at a dealership first model year of a new vehicle usually has some problems. All you can do at this point is find a good dealer thats interested in getting it right. I don't think any dealer has the silver bullet for the vibration and buffeting. Hopefully GM comes up with a fix that can be applied to existing vehicles.

...but sure you know from working at a dealership first model year of a new vehicle usually has some problems. I don't think any dealer has the silver bullet for the vibration and buffeting.

I agree with that to a point, but this gen 4 GM fullsize SUV rolled off the assembly line in the winter of 2013, a silver bullet for shaking and vibration should now be on the street some 2 1/2 years later?

I agree with that to a point, but this gen 4 GM fullsize SUV rolled off the assembly line in the winter of 2013, a silver bullet for shaking and vibration should now be on the street some 2 1/2 years later?

Agreed. My guess is GM has identified the problem, and it is something inherent to the design that is not cost effective to fix until the next redesign.

I can't buy that in 2 1/2 years a company with the engineering resources of GM hasn't figured this out.

I can't buy that in 2 1/2 years a company with the engineering resources of GM hasn't figured this out.

Safety related, immediate recall. But what is there to figure out if a component is not showing up as broken? For the most part, GM is trying to sort this out by changing out unbroken parts with the same part, the outcome will be the same some 2 1/2 years later. Now to change out a part with an upgraded version of that part, a change could be expected.

Safety related, immediate recall. But what is there to figure out if a component is not showing up as broken? For the most part, GM is trying to sort this out by changing out unbroken parts with the same part, the outcome will be the same some 2 1/2 years later. Now to change out a part with an upgraded version of that part, a change could be expected.

That's assuming a part swap is the answer. I hope it is - but lean towards thinking something about the body design makes it able to be excited by a variety of factors. Tires, tailgate, roof bows, road surfaces etc.

If the problem lies with the body design or construction, I think we can forget about a real fix from GM. Especially since the overwhelming number of owners appear not to be complaining about this.

I have a 2015 Suburban. It's a POS.

1. Vibration and wandering on roads

Road Forced balance 3 times, replaced both rear tires, replaced all 4 shocks Still not fixed

2. Wind noise and drumming noise @32-42 mph and 55-64 mph unable to find problem

3. Rear 3rd row seat will not fold down flat and lock (60-40)

Removed 60%side and replaced the cushion and seat cover Still not fixed

4. When it rains, it sounds like bubbles coming from the front of the sun roof. Unable to find problem

5. Transmission not shifting correctly, sometimes will not down shift when passing or when turning and accelerating

Unable to duplicate

6. Left mirror takes up to 7.5 mins. to remove condensation, right clears in 2.5 mins. Useless when raining

Within factor specs. from dealership. (live in north Fl.)

7. Right rear passengers window frame delaminating

Replaced complete window frame. Now left rear doing the same thing

8. Missing at idle.

Unable to duplicate

I've given up on the dealer I bought this POS from (Coggin Cheverlot Jacksonville, FL.) Got tired of being told "it's within factor specs." Can't trade it due to taking at least a $10,000.00-$15,000.00 hit. GM is aware of these problems and "DON'T GIVE A SHIT" to try to help you. I will never own another GM/GMC vehicle after this one. I try to send everyone I know to some other make (Japan or some other brand) to buy. Everyone on this site needs to do the same.

That's a lot of problems for a new vehicle as expensive as this one. I have completely given up on GM vehicles at this point, was strongly considering a new SS sedan, but even those cars supposedly suffer from vibration problems! And even Corvettes have issues! What happened to GM? It seems that they completely abandoned quality control at all levels in their quest for maximum profits. Personally I have had very good luck with GM vehicles for the most part but the newest GM vehicle I presently own is a 2013 model.

Archived