Best Cold Air Intake For Silverado 3500HD Diesel?

Hi guys. I just purchased a fully loaded 2015 Chevy Silverado 3500 HD Duramax 4 x 4. I want to install a cold air intake system, I heard K & N are the best but their filters only state they are compatible with the 2014 models. From my understanding the engine for the 2015 Duramax is the same. What do you recommend?

That's at a cold startup. Once you start to actually drive the engine bay start to heat up and the air going in the engine will also heat up giving you less HP. I've seen videos of the truck doing 3-4 runs (all after the computer calibrated for the extra air) and the hp steadily lowered every run. You don't feel the hp gain, but you'll feel a little acceleration throttle response since it's less restrictive. I had a K&N intake kit on my 98 and that's what I felt, but I knew it wasn't the actual HP I felt. I plan on just an Airaid MIT tube where it only replaces the intake tube between the air filter box and throttle body. The paper filters they have now can last a lot longer than they used to so I don't really see any real benefit for an aftermarket filter.

All a CAI does is empty your wallet, they do nothing for performance they sound like you have more power by the extra noise under full throttle. Your truck already has a CAI on it. Save your money for something else.

The one I recommend is already on your truck.

False

Blackbear tuning did a study with various cai's on a dyno. All made improvements

Ryan

The one that's on the truck.

x2 you will gain NOTHING but will lose as you will just be bring in more dust/dirt into the motor. No power is gained, no added noise or turbo whistle, no added throttle response, just money out of your pocket and time wasted.

Gains are made in EFI and deletes, its your 100,000 mile warranty, do you truck your motor enough to risk it? I don't...

x2 you will gain NOTHING but will lose as you will just be bring in more dust/dirt into the motor. No power is gained, no added noise or turbo whistle, no added throttle response, just money out of your pocket and time wasted.

Gains are made in EFI and deletes, its your 100,000 mile warranty, do you truck your motor enough to risk it? I don't...

Where does your data come from?

Ryan

Where does your data come from?

Ryan

You could start with the filter study that was done on dieselplace. A simple google search will show actual dyno numbers, several actually loose power as they are sucking in hot air.

A real kicker is that the AcDelco filter out flowed AND out filtered ever filter tested which sucks as I am a huge Wix fan.

Archived