2014 Windshield Cracked...

The 2014 we “had” cracked mid passengers side starting at the pillar without any rock strikes or chips in the glass.

We took it to the dealer 1st and they refused to warranty it claiming that “a rock must have caused it” - it didn’t.

They ordered a new OEM one for us that took a week to get in and when it arrived it was already broken in the packing from the factory.

The 2014 we “had” cracked mid passengers side starting at the pillar without any rock strikes or chips in the glass.

We took it to the dealer 1st and they refused to warranty it claiming that “a rock must have caused it” - it didn’t.

They ordered a new OEM one for us that took a week to get in and when it arrived it was already broken in the packing from the factory.

Let me guess, a rock hit that windshield too? Dealers dealers dealers, they need to provide better customer support!

I have the same thing. My 2014 Sierra cracked up from the bottom about 7-8 inches and then turned 90° toward the drivers side and has spread about another 6 inches. My dealer said they will replace it if I pay for it! On a positive note though the popping in the cab has stopped since the last one that happened when the windshield cracked.

• 1 month later...

Well after a meeting with the managers with three truck owners, mine being the only one with a cracked windshield, they are replacing my windshield. This is on the dealership GM had nothing to do with it! They are also addressing my radio problems, the transmission shifting issues, and some other issues I have had. I'm getting to the point where I'd just assume trade it off or try the lemon law if GM can't get some of these issues straightened out. We'll see how it all works out when I get the truck back as I will be taking it on a trip so if it's not right they will be getting it back again.

Mine is also cracked, no rocks hit it and it's running from drivers side to passenger side, right in the middle of the dash about 12 inches long, dealers also said something must has hit it. That's their way out, even thou I know what the truth is, noticed mine right after a popping noise in the dash started this winter.

Funny was hunting last weekend with a bunch of guys, many with F-150s.....out of maybe 6-7, 3 had had cracked windshields as well.....is this a case of "they don't make em' like they used to", or something else?

Archived