2015 sub drivers side wind noise

Is anyone having problems with wind notice around the driver side window or door at speeds over 60 MPH? I noticed if u close the mirrors it goes away.

Hey Hauck,

I'm sorry to hear about a noise concern with your Suburban. I would like to look into this further. Would you please send me a private message with your VIN, contact information and current mileage? I want to help! If you have any other questions, please don't hesitate to ask.

Anisha T.

GM Customer Care

Hey Hauck,

I'm sorry to hear about a noise concern with your Suburban. I would like to look into this further. Would you please send me a private message with your VIN, contact information and current mileage? I want to help! If you have any other questions, please don't hesitate to ask.

Anisha T.

GM Customer Care

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Any resolve on this issue? I have the same whistling wind noise like a soft whistle at anything over 35mph. Seems like an air leak somewhere but I can't pin point it. I don't think its the sunroof and the mirrors folded in don't help either. Almost seems like the wiper blades are causing the noise. Weird thing is, the whistle didn't start until December and now with warmer weather it still hasn't gone away.

I had this problem on my Tahoe, turned out to be the molding on the door right behind the window. As the speed increased the wind noise would increase and was driving me crazy. Just by luck one day I saw something flicker as I drove down the road at 65 mph. I turned on my phone and recorded video pointed at the back edge of the window, with emphasis on the outside and saw what was causing the problem. It is hard to spot, but I can only imagine the site as I drove down the road, with the molding opened up to the front end like a pocket. The piece had to be replaced, due to some of the fastening points were found to be broken.

Hope this helps....because I remember just how agrevated it was making me.

• 2 weeks later...

I think I understand where you are referring to msergent, any chance you have the video that you could post or a picture with an arrow pointing to the location? I still feel like my noise is coming from in front of me but it could very well be at the window. Thanks for your help.

Archived