'14+ Front Bed Rail Holes?

Why are the front holes on the bed rails (at least on the Denali) covered? It appears as though it's just a piece of the bed rail trim that you could remove (either by popping out or cutting out) to expose the rail hole. What would be the purpose for when an exposed front rail hole is necessary? Does this piece pop up or does it have to be cut?

They are there to cover the holes for people who don't use them. I cut mine out. A simple razor blade does it for you.

What do you use them for? Do you tie down cargo or is it use to install those ladder racks and such? My reasoning for this is I'm going to be getting a cover soon and don't know if I need to have provisions on the cover's rails to allow these holes to be used or not.

What do you use them for? Do you tie down cargo or is it use to install those ladder racks and such? My reasoning for this is I'm going to be getting a cover soon and don't know if I need to have provisions on the cover's rails to allow these holes to be used or not.

I popped mine out to install bed rails. but yeah, they are there to install bed rails, or ladder racks or anything else you'd mount there. the back ones are open as grab spots when you climb into the box. front ones are closed because you don't need them unless your installing something. they cut out really easy, I did mine with a razor blade. if your installing a tonnaeu you shouldn't have to cut them out.

Archived