ProjectSummit build

nadrojcote

Sweet truck man!, have you ever thought of putting a black exhaust tip? i got one on mine and i think it would look sick on yours. is your truck the 5.3 or 6.2?

Thanks, I do plan on it. I just can't make up my mind on the style. Mine is a 5.3l.

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Absolutely fantastic. I'm workington getting rid of all the chrome myself. Very difficult. I need to do mirror caps and handles, but can't find any at a reasonable price.

I love this build - I want to do my headlights like this so bad - but it looks extremely difficult...

Such a clean truck. I love what you've done here.

Absolutely fantastic. I'm workington getting rid of all the chrome myself. Very difficult. I need to do mirror caps and handles, but can't find any at a reasonable price.

I love this build - I want to do my headlights like this so bad - but it looks extremely difficult...

Such a clean truck. I love what you've done here.

Thanks, my headlights will probably be for sale when the new ones come out.

Just an update for anyone with the same rattle as me, it was most noticeable when closing my drivers door. I had some time to take the door panel off today (really easy, I don't see why everyone makes a huge deal out of the window trim clips) and inside the panel I found that my door lock had popped out of the rubber holder. I drilled some holes in the holder and zip tied it so that it couldn't come out again.

gallery_140298_3337_989102.jpg

Badass! Wish I had your budget! Excellent work! Is the lift kit from eBay to? I got min from Amazon

my original level was an eBay set of blocks. I kept it for about a week and sold it. Ended up ordering rancho quicklifta for the front and 9000xl's for the rear.

my original level was an eBay set of blocks. I kept it for about a week and sold it. Ended up ordering rancho quicklifta for the front and 9000xl's for the rear.

Really nice truck. I wanted the all terrain but GM quit offering it in the summit white for 2015 so I ended up with a z71 4x4 slt. Really wanted the interior of the all terrain, but was dead set on the summit white. In your opinion whats the build quality like on the RC control arms?, I was looking at the fabtech but would like to avoid the maintenance requirements of a uniball. Spurshot on here got rid of his RC arms because of the same issue of them rubbing the frame said he couldn't get them to work even after some major grinding.

Really nice truck. I wanted the all terrain but GM quit offering it in the summit white for 2015 so I ended up with a z71 4x4 slt. Really wanted the interior of the all terrain, but was dead set on the summit white. In your opinion whats the build quality like on the RC control arms?, I was looking at the fabtech but would like to avoid the maintenance requirements of a uniball. Spurshot on here got rid of his RC arms because of the same issue of them rubbing the frame said he couldn't get them to work even after some major grinding.

thanks, the arms are decent quality. I saw that spurshot had issues and my guess is that he had the wrong part numbers. He has factory steel suspension and I have factory aluminum suspenion also so that could play into it. I'm pretty sure when he bought his they only had part numbers for up to 2013. Once I got my alignment done after I probably didn't need to grind anything and the amount I did grind off was minimal. Maybe a mm or two of metal. The alignment pulled my arms out a bit. I'd say try them. I too didn't want uniballs and I'm happy with the rc arms.

thanks, the arms are decent quality. I saw that spurshot had issues and my guess is that he had the wrong part numbers. He has factory steel suspension and I have factory aluminum suspenion also so that could play into it. I'm pretty sure when he bought his they only had part numbers for up to 2013. Once I got my alignment done after I probably didn't need to grind anything and the amount I did grind off was minimal. Maybe a mm or two of metal. The alignment pulled my arms out a bit. I'd say try them. I too didn't want uniballs and I'm happy with the rc arms.

Thanks. I think I'm going to give them a shot. Did they improve the ride or just eliminate the bump stop contact?

Thanks. I think I'm going to give them a shot. Did they improve the ride or just eliminate the bump stop contact?

There wasn't a huge difference other than piece of mind, thudding over speed bumps is still there just not as loud. It's caused by the quicklifts having too high of a spring rate I'm thinking.

Read through the thread. Nice truck and nice mods! Well done! I wish I didn't have so many expensive hobbies haha.

Thanks! If I had that nice trailer of yours I wouldn't have time or money to invest in my truck either!

Archived