Thieves got me

Sorry about your truck being broken into. I visit San Antonio quite often. One thing I did for security reasons is to get my windows tinted. Although not 100% fool proof, when breaking the window, the glass will shatter but not fall. They will have to spend precious time cutting the tint in order to get it out of the way. Crime in San Antonio has gone up in the past few years. Perhaps it has to do with being a sanctuary city.

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The easiest way they break in (at least on the 2008 to 2013), pop in the driver side lock. Not sure if the newer trucks have a better design to help stop it.

Tailgates with cameras are favorable with thieves, which GM got it right on the Avalanche, but still failing to have power locks on tailgates; good idea to put a master lock on the tailgate or cheaper way is a hose clamp.

The easiest way they break in (at least on the 2008 to 2013), pop in the driver side lock. Not sure if the newer trucks have a better design to help stop it.

Tailgates with cameras are favorable with thieves, which GM got it right on the Avalanche, but still failing to have power locks on tailgates; good idea to put a master lock on the tailgate or cheaper way is a hose clamp.

It's way easier than that, just rip off the door handle. It fully exposes the inner latches, and the door handle is only held in with plastic tabs. A buddy found this out the hard way when his driveway was icy when he was opening the door on his 2010 Sierra. He slipped and easily ripped the handle right off the truck. He had no issues opening the door after that, hahaha.

Archived