Thieves got me

Hard to stop a thief when they have your firearm as well.

Yeah, that would be a crummy place to be.

Me, I won't defend an insured vehicle. Not worth killin or diein for.

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is why I weld my wheels on :smoker:

Had some atvs stolen about ten years ago. I skipped right past the motion detector stuff, the entire exterior of my house and yard is always completely lit during the night. Everything is on a daylight sensor. Haven't had any problems since.

In Texas you can blast the sh*t out of them while they are in the act and you will get no-billed. Really.

Mass. is not like that.

It's why I don't own a gun because I wouldn't hesitate for a second to blow the side of a thieves head clean off for trying to steal my ride or anything on it! And as you said in Mass which is a liberal la la land, they care more about criminals rights then victims here!

To the OP, so sorry things like this have to happen. I agree with everyone about the type of people that would do this, we work hard for our stuff and they just take it!

In 1997 someone was trying to break into my truck, I live in the country so I grabbed my 12 gauge and fired a round of buckshot near him to get his attention, he screamed and took off down the driveway, never seen anyone run that fast. Fired another shot just to keep him moving. Haven't had a single problem since!

Called the Sheriffs dept. to report the incident, Deputy came out and said anything after dark on your property was "shoot to kill". I told him I'm not gonna kill someone for trying to steal stuff out of my truck, he said it was my choice. Gotta love Texas :)

In Texas you can blast the sh*t out of them while they are in the act and you will get no-billed. Really.

Mass. is not like that.

It's why I don't own a gun because I wouldn't hesitate for a second to blow the side of a thieves head clean off for trying to steal my ride or anything on it! And as you said in Mass which is a liberal la la land, they care more about criminals rights then victims here!

Texas has some laws right. You can also shot someone for stealing your neighbors property.

Yea you can't be a hero in this state... can't even stop a bank robbery or I'd lose my LTC... pretty dumb considering the person carrying is probably the first person who would try to help.

Here's what I've learned....

-The scum of the earth want to steal your 20" OEM Silverado/Sierra wheels. It was even on the news the same week mine got stolen. http://www.kens5.com/story/news/crime/2015/03/02/thieves-stealing-wheels-off-trucks-in-sa-area/24298211/

-If you don't have rim locks, get some.

-If you do have rim locks, hide the key somewhere.

-It doesn't matter how "nice" the side of town you live on is.

-Park your truck in a garage at all cost.

Came out to work one morning to this. They busted out the back left window....stole the 2 JL 8" subs I had under the back seat, and found the rim lock key in my glove box to steal the wheels. Surprisingly they didn't take the double din Kenwood deck.

20150224_083125%202_zpsslwszpu0.jpg\]

So I got the back power slider window replaced and was waiting on the insurance to sort out the wheels. About a week later they came back for the $400 Kenwood deck. About $4k in damage for it... they broke out the window again!

20150314_195724_zpsvtefrpk7.jpg

20150315_100945_zpsyd1sujlg.jpg

My truck is now parked in a garage every night, needless to say.

I opted to get other than OEM wheels, these are GM Replica wheels in black chrome with Cooper Zeon LTZ 275/60/20 tires. I also put a RC 2.5" level, that was a PITA to install...at least for me it was.

20150330_121059_zpsgnvjjszi.jpg

20150330_121720_zpsxfmmgekj.jpg

hope you are still following htis post, i registered just to let you know...

set up an IFTTT account to find your stuff.

it is an "if this then that" account.

google it if not familiar.

i have several set up for craigslist searches for outdoor/truck goodies. and several set up for logging gps data (time at work/church/fishing and have it set to autolog it all on google calander.

i would set one up for my rims and have it email me when a new ad popped up for say "brand new used 20in chevy pattern chrome" or some such, make sure to get your trigger search word or phrase correct.

another thing you could do is get a microID pen to mark your stuff then you could verify it is yours.

http://www.copdots.com/

good luck.

oh and +1 on wheel locks being useless...

Nice recovery.......would be nice if onstar had a method for alerts if someone tampered with your vehicle to this magnitude. Don't even know if it's possible.

• 3 weeks later...

I had my new 2012 Avalanche for 3 weeks. While asleep, gang a thugs stole 4 other Chevy's and attempted to steal mine in my old neighborhood. Luckily something spooked the punks and had only minor damages vs to the other 4.

So, I ended up getting a Viper Alarm and a train horn. which I had the tech tie the train horn into the alarm. If you are not familiar with the Viper alarm, it sends a signal to your key fab if your alarm goes off. I'm surprised with Onstar and the wifi don't have it setup to send your phone a notification.

I had my new 2012 Avalanche for 3 weeks. While asleep, gang a thugs stole 4 other Chevy's and attempted to steal mine in my old neighborhood. Luckily something spooked the punks and had only minor damages vs to the other 4.

So, I ended up getting a Viper Alarm and a train horn. which I had the tech tie the train horn into the alarm. If you are not familiar with the Viper alarm, it sends a signal to your key fab if your alarm goes off. I'm surprised with Onstar and the wifi don't have it setup to send your phone a notification.

Ha, train horn tied in... THAT is amazing - would love to see it go off!

Yea i park on the street in my neighborhood, but I think over the years - everyone seeing the amount of guns i transfer between my house and the cars (whether its range time or hunting) has given them a heads up on whats under my shirt at all times haha. On that note though, I would NEVER put my life or someone else's life on the line over my insured truck... I would just pity that person for the life they have resorted to.

Unlike other people on here I don't recommend shooting and killing someone stealing something as frivolous as wheels. Not in this day and age, maybe a decade or so ago. Can you imagine the headache of trying to prove it was justified? Your name on all the news outlets, your family exposed, and having the real thought that you could go to jail? **** that.

Now if I'm in the vehicle, or they enter the garage, where its breaking and entering, I would definitely use any means necessary to protect myself and my property.

Glad insurance was able to sort it out and you came out with a better wheel/tire setup.

Ha, train horn tied in... THAT is amazing - would love to see it go off!

Yea i park on the street in my neighborhood, but I think over the years - everyone seeing the amount of guns i transfer between my house and the cars (whether its range time or hunting) has given them a heads up on whats under my shirt at all times haha. On that note though, I would NEVER put my life or someone else's life on the line over my insured truck... I would just pity that person for the life they have resorted to.

I agree! If they want it bad enough, they will take it. I'll call the cops then my insurance company. No life is worth a truck.... Step one foot in my house without permission, God have mercy that person's soul; because they are coming! Lol

The viper alarm has a receiver placed on the windshield, which it flashes a blue LED light, letting the thugs know that it's a transmitting alarm. Just another deterrent for them to go down the road and find an easier target.

Unlike other people on here I don't recommend shooting and killing someone stealing something as frivolous as wheels. Not in this day and age, maybe a decade or so ago. Can you imagine the headache of trying to prove it was justified? Your name on all the news outlets, your family exposed, and having the real thought that you could go to jail? **** that.

Now if I'm in the vehicle, or they enter the garage, where its breaking and entering, I would definitely use any means necessary to protect myself and my property.

Glad insurance was able to sort it out and you came out with a better wheel/tire setup.

In Texas, it's not the criminal courts one would have to worry about, it's the civil. I agree, it's not worth the headache.

Archived