How acceptable are these alignment specs?

I have the same problem Everytime I get an alignment

lmfao, me too. Anytime I have had a vehicle aligned it always takes a few tries to get it right. So annoying.

I have an appointment tomorrow to have them (hopefully) fix it.

Dealerships 2nd try and it's still not right. If I hold the wheel dead center the truck goes left. They try to say it's the road crown. But if that were the case it would go to the right not the left.

I'm starting to get annoyed now. Any suggestions? I feel like the EPAS is a pain in the ass to get recentered. I've had trouble with previous vehicles and EPAS.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tell them to match the camber on each side and set the right side caster .2* more aggressive than the left. That's the way I've always aligned vehicles. You can induce a pull to correct road crown pull with caster or camber but I like camber between -.3 to -.1 matched on both sides so it wears the tires nice and use caster to correct for crown. But I'm just anal with alignments. I'll be going in for my 3rd alignment after my leveling kit.

Its an art aligning Chevy 1/2 tons but a Lil experience and understanding exactly what your moving, makes it super easy to set em up dead nuts on. The steering wheel is always the b**ch though. If there's so much as breeze on the tech's test drive its hard to judge if the wheel's on or off.

I've been reading up on how to recenter the wheel by making the same small adjustments on the tie-rods. For me since my wheel is slightly cocked right. That means when the wheel is at full center, the tires have a slight point to the left. So if I shorten the driver side tie-rod, and lengthen the passenger side the same amount it should bring them back in alignment with the steering wheel.

Contemplating doing this tomorrow to see if it will work...idk...

Make sure to lock the steering wheel in place when making toe adjustments. You want to keep the wheel situated so it doesn't become further out of adjustment.

Thanks yea. I did. Only took me two times adjusting in 1/8 turns to get the wheel back pretty damn straight. Overall I ended up adjusting each tie-rod 1/4 turn respectively. Piece of cake. Truck drives straight now.

Archived