Hitch Equipment and Adapter Sleeve

I'm looking to get a hitch and ball for the truck and noticed many places make the shank in 2" but not in the 2.5" that the 2500s come with. I couldn't find anything in the manual or on the hitch about the adapter; does it impact the max towing capability of the truck?

What sort of setup is everybody running?

Thanks!

When I got my 11 there was a adapter under the back seat so you could just use a 2". Look for it if you bought your truck new if not the first owner may have pulled it out. The 2.5 inch is rated for more weight than the 2 inch. :jester:

I'm looking to get a hitch and ball for the truck and noticed many places make the shank in 2" but not in the 2.5" that the 2500s come with. I couldn't find anything in the manual or on the hitch about the adapter; does it impact the max towing capability of the truck?

Thanks!

The 2.5in. receivers are out there they are just a little harder to find, don't use the sleeve as it is sloppy and not as strong.

Reese makes them. I have a 3 ball on my truck.

Thanks!

There is nothing in the manual about a change based on the sleeve. Under the hitch is a sticker that indicates actual hitch limits and it shows no reference to the sleeve either. Did a review of issues on other forums and saw nothing.

Archived