Mylink and Andriod

I have a Note 4 and all I can do when paired with Mylink is talk or play music. No option for text messages that I can find in the setting. I would also be interested in any advise from forum members about this issue. Only answer I can get from the dealer is "some phones work with Mylink and some don't".

I have a Note 4 and all I can do when paired with Mylink is talk or play music. No option for text messages that I can find in the setting. I would also be interested in any advise from forum members about this issue. Only answer I can get from the dealer is "some phones work with Mylink and some don't".

You have a 14, texting did not become available until the 15 model year

If it did not come out until the 15 model year that is strange. My buddy linked up one day with his phone a samsung and he was getting text messages read to him the whole trip. I have the 14 Sierra SLE and my motorola will not give the text on intellelink??? I am interested to hear more. All the research i did after that day tells me just as was said above "some phones will, some won't"

Thanks NitroCherokee! I knew someone on here would have an answer. The funny thing is one afternoon I watched a salesman and a service adviser work for over an hour in the sun trying to get the text part working lol. Do you think I should let them in on the reason they couldn't get it to work?

We have it on my wife's 14 Tundra and I guess I just assumed GM would keep up with current technology.

Read on here the text portion won't work with an Iphone6 that I must have for work.

Obviously receive a TON of texts on the road.

What a joke.

GM must not heard of this little company yet. Apple.

Advertising voice to text as a safety feature is bull if it doesn't work.

Sorry to hear issues with android as well.

What's awesome is when I get a picture message. I don't know it's a picture message and click on "listen". I then get to listen to the code or whatever it is for the picture for the next hour or so. The only way to stop it so far that I've found is to pull over, turn the truck off and open the door. I haven't tried tried pressing the voice command button yet and say "cancel". I hope that will work.

Read on here the text portion won't work with an Iphone6 that I must have for work.

Obviously receive a TON of texts on the road.

What a joke.

GM must not heard of this little company yet. Apple.

Advertising voice to text as a safety feature is bull if it doesn't work.

Sorry to hear issues with android as well.

if it doesnt work on iphone6 then you should probably take it to the dealer for an update.

Archived