Installed Diamondback HD bedcover

Coming from an Avalanche to a Sierra, one of the toughest challenge I had was accepting the fact of not having the Avalanche's bedcover. After many weeks to decide on which bedcover I wanted, while I was waiting on my truck to be delivered, I went with the Diamondback HD. I feel the DB builds a very secure, quality, and rugged bedcover that fits my needs. My truck is the family hauler and I store exspensive gear on hunting trips.

DB builds their covers to order, so takes about 3 weeks to get it. They use a freight line to ship and require you to sign for it. If any damages, need to note before you sign the freight bill. DB did a great job of packaging on a skid.

Install was fairly easy, which they did above average job on the instructions. I did the install by myself, but 2 would had made it a lot easier and would go quicker. Took me about 2 hours, but I took my time and followed each step carefully. I can tell most parts are good quality, with the exception of the bolts to align the rods. I over tightened one and the head snapped off. Should be an easy fix and plan to replace all eight bolts.

Opening the panels is fairly easy having the 2 gas springs. Closing, takes a little to get used to. Having to use one hand to push the panel down, while using the other hand to turn the lock rod. The gas springs has a quick release on the panel side, making it easy to remove. Allows for you to flip the panel all the way back or if you want to remove the panel. Removing the panel is simple for one person, but putting it back on is much easier with 2.

I feel this cover is extremely durable, but only time will tell. Not a lot of parts the go bad, with the exception of the weather stripping and the gas springs.

Truck is a bit dirty, but the rain will not let up in Houston to get a good wash in:

image.jpg3_1.jpg

image.jpg4.jpg

image.jpg1_7.jpg

image.jpg5.jpg

image.jpg6.jpg

I have one on my truck too very secure and durable :thumbs:

I'm potentially interested in buying a DiamondBack, but there aren't any local dealers and I'd really like to lay eyes on one before committing that much money. I live in Miami and park on the street, so my primary concern is how well this will hold up to someone jamming a pry bar under the edge and ruining it or damaging the truck...only to find there's nothing stored inside. It's not realistic for me to only install it when I need it. I could always just leave the tailgate unlocked, but then I'd have to secure the cover itself to make sure no one steals that from me. Any opinions or advice?

You will never be able to prevent thieves from breaking in to your truck. If they want in they will cause whatever damage is necessary to get in to your truck, you can't live your life worrying about things like that. That's why we have insurance. :driving:

Sounds like a rough area... I lived in an area that was going down hill fast. Thugs tried stealing my new Avalanche, thankfully something spooked them away. I ended up installing a train horn that was tied into a Viper alarm, which sends a signal to the key fab when the alarm goes off... My goal was to make it a deterrent and have them thugs go find an easier target.

You will never be able to prevent thieves from breaking in to your truck. If they want in they will cause whatever damage is necessary to get in to your truck, you can't live your life worrying about things like that. That's why we have insurance. :driving:

Absolutely, if someone wants in bad enough there's nothing you can do to stop them. That said, layers of security can prevent some folks from trying to burgle.

Sounds like a rough area... I lived in an area that was going down hill fast. Thugs tried stealing my new Avalanche, thankfully something spooked them away. I ended up installing a train horn that was tied into a Viper alarm, which sends a signal to the key fab when the alarm goes off... My goal was to make it a deterrent and have them thugs go find an easier target.

It's not necessarily the worst area of town, but there's a lot of through traffic and thefts do happen on occasion...it's a big city. I like the idea of installing an alarm and the train horn is a good touch! I actually went the cheap route and put in a Skylink wireless motion sensor in the cab that sends alerts to an alarm by my bedside, and I could add another senor unit to the bed area under the cover.

Archived