'13 2500hd wet floor/transmission tunnel

Noticed a wet dog smell a few weeks ago, finally pulled the sills off and checked under rubber floors and it's wet on both sides and over the transmission tunnel just in front of the seats in the flat part of the floor pan, dry leading up to firewall. Any ideas, I've searched but no luck with my particular situation. Thanks in advance for the help.

I think I eleminated the winshield, rained about 6 hours last night, went out while it was raining with a flashlight and layed under the dash for about half an hour and the firewall all the way down to the floor is bone dry. It's a head scratcher to say the least. Starting to think the dealer I bought it used from washed out the floor boards since it has rubber floors. Drying it out as we speak.

The third brake light on the back of the cab is known to crack (some are cracked from the factory) and leak directly into the cab. If you have the amber roof lights, they are also leakers but not as bad as the third brake light.

Dried it out yesterday, ran the a/c while drying it out, no water on the floor,so i thought al was good, put it back together and after a 20 min drive home both floorboards wet again, no rain, must be the a/c, so it's going to the dealer to let them deal with it

Dealer just called and said it's condensation building up between the rubber floor and body from the heat of the exhaust and my a/c "working so good". Said best bet would be to change to carpet.

Dealer just called and said it's condensation building up between the rubber floor and body from the heat of the exhaust and my a/c "working so good". Said best bet would be to change to carpet.

BS, do you have warranty remaining ?

It's still under warranty. Yeah its complete BS, needless to say I will not be returning to that dealer. I took it to another dealer this morning and they found some debris in the hvac drain that could possibly clog the drain sporadically,other than that they couldn't find anything else, cleaned it and they ordered new insulation and a new vinyl floor that shold be inice later this week.Hopefully this fixes it.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived