Clint D's 2014 GMC Build

ccdies

Very nice! You can definitely tell you're not from my neck of the woods because you wouldn't be putting on shiny new rims like that in these parts at this time of the year...

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Very nice! You can definitely tell you're not from my neck of the woods because you wouldn't be putting on shiny new rims like that in these parts at this time of the year...

lol, nope not a red neck here, its both a mall crawler and a functional mud truck, thanks for the complement, I appreciate it

lol, nope not a red neck here, its both a mall crawler and a functional mud truck, thanks for the complement, I appreciate it

And best of all if you run into a "Smart" car with a parking spot you want you can park right over top of it. lol

And best of all if you run into a "Smart" car with a parking spot you want you can park right over top of it. lol

lol, that would be funny to see. Got that image in my head now

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hey Clint, I see you're running 5k led foglights. Where did you get them from? Lumens?

The reason I'm asking is because I wanted to run the LMZ Platinum led kit from VLEDS.com, but on their website it states that the 5202 kit won't fit the 2014+ sierra. I'm trying to understand the reason why, and the only thing I think it could be is the backside of the led, the cooling fins, are interfering with bulb fitment inside the foglight housing. Please let me know if you or anyone you know are running this type of led kit. Thanks.

Hey Clint, I see you're running 5k led foglights. Where did you get them from? Lumens?

The reason I'm asking is because I wanted to run the LMZ Platinum led kit from VLEDS.com, but on their website it states that the 5202 kit won't fit the 2014+ sierra. I'm trying to understand the reason why, and the only thing I think it could be is the backside of the led, the cooling fins, are interfering with bulb fitment inside the foglight housing. Please let me know if you or anyone you know are running this type of led kit. Thanks.

I got mine HID factory. works perfect,

• 3 weeks later...

Today installed some helper bags, I have a 2" lowering shackle so I don't want the rear to sag when I pull my trailer 1a1f6151b736685de35f3bec7de49227.jpgthe upper bag brackets 702ccd2a26cc37cc26cb1551f532f7d0.jpgthe lower bag brackets 7fceb204207e154683e8fe71165a82bd.jpg34085420120f7db4a3162d0651822df8.jpgupper bag brackets welded into place 91de5f44cc3a4f33717aca9987e40165.jpgthe lower bag bracket is welded to the top leaf spring as close to the axel as possible fbe84ca864356aff88bca88003696e99.jpga3514fe5cf36a22384cd74e506975d0f.jpgb35999bc0fe28d0b145173ec3fbf45f0.jpg8aa600a5d01c8c5e3e41fc5f5938abb5.jpgill run air lines later

I've been thinking of adding a bit more lift. How do u like your body lift? If you had to do it again, would you stay with the 3" or go with the 1.5"?

I have the bds 6" & was thinking of adding a 3" body or 1.5" body and 2" level on top of my lift. I think I can add the spacer, since bds front is full strut replacement.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

I've been thinking of adding a bit more lift. How do u like your body lift? If you had to do it again, would you stay with the 3" or go with the 1.5"?

I have the bds 6" & was thinking of adding a 3" body or 1.5" body and 2" level on top of my lift. I think I can add the spacer, since bds front is full strut replacement.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

i like the 3" id stay with it, I'm also thinking about doing the lift struts in the front, then I'll put the stock shackles back on

• 1 month later...

You truck is awesome man. Makes me happy to see a new body Sierra 1500 with a lift bigger then 6 inches and 35s like all the rest. How are you liking the 4.56s? Do you wish you would have gone with 4.88s? Also, how is the ride with the body lift and suspension lift? I'm thinking about going with McGaughys 7-9 with toyo 37s but stuck on going with the Maverick d260 10" wide with -13 offset or 12" wide with -44 offset. I just want to avoid doing a body lift right now and don't want to chop any of the bumper but don't care about the plastic valance. Do you still have your mavericks and if so are they for sale? And how was the 12" wide -44 offset fitment? Thanks in advance brother.

Archived