Will GM Oval side steps for 07-13 fit the K2 trucks?

31sd3rCI0WL._SX300_.jpg

Will these side assist steps for '07-'13 Silverado/Sierra fit 2014-'15?

Tried search, couldn't find the answer.

Thanks!

Not sure, Bill. The part number and pics for the 2013 and 2014/15 are different on ShopChevyParts.com as well as the base (non plug-n-play) Amp PowerSteps. So it makes me wonder if there is something different about the mount.

Not sure, Bill. The part number and pics for the 2013 and 2014/15 are different on ShopChevyParts.com as well as the base (non plug-n-play) Amp PowerSteps. So it makes me wonder if there is something different about the mount.

I was looking at some side steps on ebay and some say 07-13, some are 07-15. I have a set from my '13 truck that I'm going to give to my son. He just bought a new 2015 Sierra. I guess we'll find out! (I thought I had them sold at one point, but the guy didn't show.)

I was looking at some side steps on ebay and some say 07-13, some are 07-15. I have a set from my '13 truck that I'm going to give to my son. He just bought a new 2015 Sierra. I guess we'll find out! (I thought I had them sold at one point, but the guy didn't show.)

I've seen that on eBay. Not sure whether they are referring to the 2500/3500 or what. It's very confusing. I sold mine from the 2014 Silverado when I put on the Amp PowerSteps to a guy who had a 2011. I told him they might be different, but he never called me back so I agree...give them a try. Good luck.

By the way, your son has good taste...must run in the family...

My son has a 2010 Black Silverado Crew with Corsa exhaust...we were side by side in the driveway Saturday comparing "notes". The wife thinks we are nuts...

Not quite a good fit. They sit more forward (the front cap sits close to the rear of the front fender), the step pads don't line up. We had a customer who insisted on doing it with a GMT-900 3 inch step (GM) and the front of the tube got lets say...modified...quite a bit...to clear the molded mudflap.

IMO...not worth it.

I remember someone already pointed out they are NOT interchangeable! Dont risk it!

Not quite a good fit. They sit more forward (the front cap sits close to the rear of the front fender), the step pads don't line up. We had a customer who insisted on doing it with a GMT-900 3 inch step (GM) and the front of the tube got lets say...modified...quite a bit...to clear the molded mudflap.

IMO...not worth it.

OK, thanks. I'll probably try selling them again and my son will have to get some new ones for his '15.

OK, I just saw this post from forum member "High Country"... he says he put on 07-13 steps on his '14 Silverado no problem.

I just sent him a PM to find out if he had to modify them or if they are a direct bolt-on.

http://www.gm-trucks.com/forums/topic/156839-assist-steps-running-boards-nerf-bars/?p=1509593

makinaw2014005.jpg

Just got the answer from Bud "High Country".

"they bolted on without any mods, they seem to fit a little tighter to the body but are still usable and i actually think it looks better not sticking out so far."

Thanks Bud!

Archived