Handheld tuner?

It has most likely been discussed before, but what is the best handheld tuner?

I am looking to pick one up this weekend and I am on the fence between Diablosport inTune I-1000, Hypertech MaxEnergy and Superchips Flashpaq.

I know that a "canned tune" is not the best, and I am set on a handheld.

Anyone using these have any comments/complaints?

I realize you are new here but this topic gets covered at least 3x a week. There is a huge thread pinned on top of this sub-forum with all the info you might want. There are also two other threads on this page covering Diablo Tunes and Black Bear tunes.

I can already tell your next question will be, "will these void my warranty?"

Answer to that is it depends on the handheld tuner you go with. Diablo claims their tunes are invisible something other tuners do not claim. But GM will check to see if the ECM/TCM have been tuned if there is ever a drivetrain/engine warranty claim.

I realize you are new here but this topic gets covered at least 3x a week. There is a huge thread pinned on top of this sub-forum with all the info you might want. There are also two other threads on this page covering Diablo Tunes and Black Bear tunes.

Answer to that is it depends on the handheld tuner you go with. Diablo claims their tunes are invisible something other tuners do not claim. But GM will check to see if the ECM/TCM have been tuned if there is ever a drivetrain/engine warranty claim.

Thanks for pointing me in that direction. I know that it has been discussed before, I am just having problems finding it (must be because I am new to this forum). I read most of all 3 of those threads. I am interested in a handheld, so no use reading over blackbear (even tho it looks great). I thought the other threads we just about ECM flash counts, warranty discussion and blackbear tunes. That's all I got out of them, I must have missed something.

Guess I should have been more specific on the question I asked.

Anyone using Diablosport inTune I-1000, Hypertech MaxEnergy or Superchips Flashpaq have any comments/complaints, tech data and/or dyno graphs that would like to share?

The Diablosport tuners have the best feedback on this forum. The Hypertech or Superchips not so much. The other benefit over the Diablosport handheld tuner is you can later on get a custom tune done by Diablew which is a better tune than the pre-programmed ones.

The Diablosport tuners have the best feedback on this forum. The Hypertech or Superchips not so much. The other benefit over the Diablosport handheld tuner is you can later on get a custom tune done by Diablew which is a better tune than the pre-programmed ones.

Thanks I was leaning toward Diablosport, mostly because of Diablew and the fact that I can't leave anything alone for too long. Autoanything has them at 22% off right now, which is making it pretty attractive.

Thanks I was leaning toward Diablosport, mostly because of Diablew and the fact that I can't leave anything alone for too long. Autoanything has them at 22% off right now, which is making it pretty attractive.

I bought one last night from AutoAnything.... $308 with free overnight shipping. It will be here tomorrow!

Posted this in another thread...was posted by jaws52...

"have a couple tech friends. went in and looked at and took a screen shot of what the data they turn in looked like.. flashed the computer with the diablo. went back in and looked at it all again and NOTHING changed. NOT ONE THING.. take that as you will.. im confident it wouldnt be found IF i had issues."

I'm assuming his tech friends were GM dealership techs following the official screen shot procedure.

Archived