Slow-moving GM HD trucks may offer a value opportunity

Gorehamj

best holiday.jpg

John Goreham
Contributing Writer, GM-Trucks.com
7/14/2015

Every media outlet focused on trucks likes to report the "fastest-selling" truck news. Right now, the Chevy Colorado is that vehicle. While we fans of the brand may take some pride in that fact, the downside is companies making stuff that flies off dealer lots are not under any pressure to discount those hot models. Very few people focus on the opposite end of the "time on dealer lots" story. Interestingly, it is also a Chevy truck that owns that title. Specifically the Silverado 2500 HD Extended Cab.

Pickuptrucks.com says that model, and also the Sierra version, have now been sitting on dealer lots casting long gloomy shadows since February. Yes, new pickups that have sat for more than 120 days are on dealer lots surrounded by balloons and those squirmy air puppets. If you have been considering a new HD truck now may be a good time to strike. Keep in mind that even the popular Silverados are getting deep discounts. Dealers may be interested in moving some of those less popular models before 2016 model year inventory starts to make headlines.

There are a few Silverado 1500 and 3500 models that have been parked for more than three months on the list as well.

best holiday.jpg

best holiday.jpg

best holiday.jpg

Unfortunately I may see quite a few HD trucks at the one dealership I pass all the time, and drive though once or twice when I'm bored, but very few have an 8ft bed so until those show up I'm not even going to consider getting a newer truck. Which means by the time I need a new truck I'll have to order a truck since no one seems to want a real bed anymore.

• 2 months later...

icon1.gif GM Internet Private Offer

Is GM still offering these??

I have attempted repeatedly with various suggestions provided on the forum to no avail. Using Chrome Incognito, all different times of day, changing parameters of vehicles, offers, finance, all to NO avail.

Does anyone have an offer that pops up that they will not use?

GM must be offering the offer in different parts of the country?

Trading 09 Silverado for new and the $ 1500 would push me over the edge.

Call me at 651-271-7254 as it appears the popup does not stay on the page that long.

THANKS

Archived