Well this is not a knock to their customer service because that has been great. More so to the product (i may just be very unlucky). My first muffler (VT cat back kit) rattled on cold starts, they sent me a new on right away and when i finally got around to installing that one, it rattled too. I am in the process of working on a resolution with them now. but it leads me to a few questions.

Anyone running the VT kit without this issue?? if so do you have an intake?

Anything i can do to smooth my cold start idle? Seafoam?

I had the VT for a few months, only heard rattle one time, and I can't confirm if it was from the muffler or not as it stopped within a couple seconds.

However, I took the VT muffler out as I really didn't care for the sound. I put a Flowmaster Super 40 in it's place.

EDIT: I do have the Airraid MIT with stock Airbox.

I had the VT for a few months, only heard rattle one time, and I can't confirm if it was from the muffler or not as it stopped within a couple seconds.

However, I took the VT muffler out as I really didn't care for the sound. I put a Flowmaster Super 40 in it's place.

EDIT: I do have the Airraid MIT with stock Airbox.

droning with the fm? or do you have afm tuned out?

droning with the fm? or do you have afm tuned out?

I really didn't notice any drone, however I didn't like the sound in 4cyl mode at low speed....felt like a helicoptor was landing on the bed. The Flowmaster has the exact same issue (which I fully expected). I figured if it was gonna sound like crap at low speeds in 4cyl mode, I might as well get a better sound on accelleration, which I do get from the Flowmaster.

The VT sounded decent, but I really didn't like the sound on heavy accelleration. I could still hear that stockish air pushing sound, and I wanted to hear more growl.

What is nice about the VT catback though is that they make a muffler swap super easy. I used all the Dynomax plumbing and just threw the Flowmaster muffler in there with a 7" slip extension.\

EDIT AGAIN: I do plan to have AFM tuned out one of these days, just haven't done it yet. I do use the Range AFM Disabler device once and a while.

yea i absolutely love my dynomax with the exception of that 5-10 seconds every morning. Pisses me off to have a $45k truck rattling like that. I might have them send me an off the shelf 14" muffler and use an extension to see how that works. Should be a little louder too.

yea i absolutely love my dynomax with the exception of that 5-10 seconds every morning. Pisses me off to have a $45k truck rattling like that. I might have them send me an off the shelf 14" muffler and use an extension to see how that works. Should be a little louder too.

Let me know if you want me to send you the VT muffler I had on my truck, and see if you have any issues. If it works, you can just send me one of your rattlers. I just want to have one as a backup.

Here is exactly what I got, if interested. If you want a little quieter, go with the 50 series I believe:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/310637352283?_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

http://www.ebay.com/itm/400301108402?_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT (cut 3" off the small side, down to 7" total length)

thanks man i appreciate it. Going to give dynomax the chance to make it right. I had a super 40 on my trailblazer and it sounded awesome when i got on it but when cruising it was unbearable.

Cool, sounds good. Just PM me if you end up needing it or something.

Maybe ask them to send you a Super Flo instead of the VT muffler.

I just did a 400 mile round trip with the Flowmaster Super 40 (and I know sound is subjective to each persons ears), but I was happy. I thought I might get some annoying noise to drone at 70-75 speeds, but nothing at all that bugged me.

I bought the dynomax VT catback a few months back and as soon as I pulled the muffler out of the box I could hear something rattling around. I think it was a piece of metal from where they welded it because it would occasionally quit when the object got caught in the fiberglass packing. I call them and they sent me a new muffler within a few days and it did not rattle. I like the sound of the VT at start up and at medium to WOT but the idle sounds like stock and the helicopter sound while in V4 with the gas peddle barely pressed was anoying plus the tip did not fit well, it was to big for the exhaust pipe and I couldn't clamp it down. They did refund my purchase price plus an extra $50 to cover installation even though I did it myself. I maybe old school but IMO you can't beat the sound of a chambered muffler (flowmaster) on a small block V8. I had the 50 series on my last truck and loved the mellow sound and plan on putting it on my current truck but will wait for the warranty to run out and tune out V4 mode.

I contacted dynomax a week or so ago for the cold start rattle and random other rattles, I have yet to hear back.mi love the sound and the "quietness" , but the cold start is horrible, and random other times.

I contacted dynomax a week or so ago for the cold start rattle and random other rattles, I have yet to hear back.mi love the sound and the "quietness" , but the cold start is horrible, and random other times.

I sent them a note asking if it was possible to swap the VT for the Power PowerFlo because I didn't like the VT in 4cyl mode. I never heard back.

Sent from Tapatalk App - Samsung S6

UPDATE

dynomax wants to give me a refund but they require the kit back. I really REALLY do not want to put the factory thing back on. Plus keeping the kit gives me 3" stainless pipes. Thoughts? Should i swap in a flowmaster, magnaflow or something? or cut my losses and send it back.

Archived