I kept mine because the setup makes it easier to swap mufflers without welding. 2 mufflers welded into the stock catback = the cost of the dynomax, so you might as well keep and swap in a muffler. See if they'll send you a powerflo since it doesn't have the valve and thus wont rattle.

worth a shot, try to get something out of them. I am going to try a "screw" method i found online. Basically run a decking screw in through the bottom to prevent the valve from making contact with the pipe. Who knows maybe it'll work.

Hadn't heard of that method, interesting find.

Keep it as said above. If you can't get the VT to work just swap in a different muffler, which is what I did. Mine never rattled, although it might now that I beat it off with a ball peen hammer.

how are you liking the magnaflow? that might be the next move, my old flowmaster froned like a biatch on my tb. Sounded great at WOT though

I had a magnaflow 11229 on the Saab 9-7x 6.0, and I didn't like how it had a strange drone. I think it had to do with it being an SUV. I changed that out to Corsa, and that was amazing.

I'd like Corsa on this truck some day, but don't want to spend that $ yet, gotta wait for the price to come down or find a used one :). For now though, I am happy with the FlowMaster Super 40. Sounds great WOT, and very little drone (mostly in 5th right before if shifts to 6th (so 50mph range maybe?)).

LOL, we all know sound is subjective though! I ran full Kooks system that was catless on the G8, and I loved the sound (I'll admit it had some drone), but I loved every minute of it and the lovely smell.

My Magnaflow is the model 12589 which is a 22" long body with a 5x11 case so it's pretty quiet-only a little louder than stock and virtually no drone. I swapped it on in order to compensate for the added noise of headers. I'm hoping it's louder but not too outrageous with headers. If it is I'm going to add a 6" round Magnaflow 14159 race muffler upstream of the big muffler to act as a resonator.

Archived