2015 8 speed transmission noise

Hey all, question for anyone with the 8 speed in their 14-15 6.2 Sierra or Silverado...

I've got two noises driving me crazy... Just went in to the dealership who told me they're normal, but wanted to post here for anyone else who might have the same... Or not...

This is a 2015 Sierra with the 6.2 and 8 speed. One noise is a high pitched whine, which you can hear as I shift between p-r-n-d. The other is a buzzing noise the transmission makes when the truck is shut off. This lasts 30 sec to 2 minutes, and has stayed on up to 5 minutes when the key is in acc. The buzz is coming from the trans fluid pan, not the fuel pump which is what I thought it was at first...

Thanks for looking and any responses...

Mine has the buzz on shutdown. It's normal from what I've read. I haven't noticed the whine on mine, although I haven't really listened for it either.

I don't believe it's normal to buzz on shutdown. My 2015 SLT with the 6.2 8 spd does neither.

Mine buzzes after shutdown. Not sure if it does it every time because I only notice it when it is quiet in the garage after I turn off and exit my truck. Did it for maybe 5 or 10 seconds today as I was walking in the house.

• 3 years later...

Digging up an old thread...

Has anyone identified what in the transmission is making this noise? I heard mine tonight and it was a bit louder than I have hear before. 

I assume it is some sort of circulation or purge pump, but would really like to know. You can hear the solenoid click off after about 20 seconds.