Paint Chips on Painted Bumbers

Wittyy

Hi, I have a new Sierra SLT All Terrain with black painted matching bumpers, with only about 10k miles, I have about 40-50 chips on the paint on the lower front bumper cover. Looks like crap on a brand new truck. I really don't drive on much on highways, or tailgate, or do anything different from 2 other vehicles that don't have any paint chips (with 5x the milage). Before I drop $700 bucks at the local body shop..... Anyone else having this problem or had any luck with their dealer helping out?

Haven't got to that point yet but noticed the paint on my truck is very "soft" and scratches very easy. I have many scratches and it hardly leaves the yard. Pretty disappointed. If I end up with paint chips all over my bumper they are getting painted for sure. Paid to much for this thing to have it go all to hell.

Difference between these trucks and a car are that when the rock hits a steel bumper, the steel doesn't have any give so the paint takes the blow. On top of that, our bumpers are more vertical and blunt than most cars. I would suggest a good quality touch up painter (ask your dealership who they use) and then cover the front with a clear bra.

The new touch up pens are very good. Yes - even for 40-50 small knicks. As long as they aren't major chips, I would go to the dealer and get a touch up pen and see how thta works. I think you'll be surprised at how much better it looks.

You can certainly opt to have it repainted, but it you do, I would definitely get a clear bra as others have said.

See if the dealership can get the Regional Service Manager to help out. I know they can help you out where a dealer has his hands tied.

Whatever you do, get a clear bra installed once done!

Where are you getting this clear bra? Id like to do this before I end up with a bunch of chips.

They are very nice - but make sure you get a quality installer. if you go online to xpel's website, you can put in your zip and find an installer.

Archived