Tire load rating/performance question

Quick question guys. My RC 2.5" Level kit (with rear block) arrived yesterday and is being installed on Friday. I have 18" wheels. I am probably going to leave the crappy SRAs on there for the time being, assuming it doesn't look foolish. However, if I were to put a new tire on they will be either BFG AT KO2, Nitto TG G2, or General Grabber AT2. I know a lot of you guys are running 275/70/18 with no problems.

My question is more in the performance (mpg) and tire wear. Would I be better off with a LT275/70/18 E load 10 ply tire 57.5# each or a 265/70/18 SL 4 ply tire 43# each. There is only about 3/4" difference in tire height.

Would the 10 ply wear better? Would the 4 ply give me a substantial better mpg? The last set of tires I had on my F150 were the Gen Grabber AT2 10 ply and they had 40,000 on them and looked like new still compares to the Cooper AT3 I had on there before that which were pretty much junk after 45,000 miles. I wasn't sure if the better wear was due to being a 10ply tire???

Archived