Best handheld tuner: Power, Tranny, AFM, Tires, etc.

I decided to go with a

Hypertech Max Energy 2.0 Programmer

2016 GMC Sierra

(6.2L V8)

Part #: 2000

mainly because it will allow me to set a min speed where the AFM kicks in and it allows me to go back to stock tune easily to protect the factory warranty. I have found a local tuner and that was his suggestion. Once the warranty is out I will get my whipple supercharger on and my local guy will tune it for maximum performance

Do they sell these locally at parts stores?

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

Specifically the hypertech

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

Some have said they got theirs locally from an auto parts store but you would have to call and ask cuz not all/many will have these in stock

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Got mine at a Pep Boys store. Model I got (Max Energy) has been replaced by the Max Energy 2.0, I knew this and asked them if they wanted to mark down the basic unit, they marked it down 25% for the sale. Basic unit is all I needed, initially didn't intend to mess with a tune, all I wanted to do was disable AFM, reset tires and play with trans shift points. Very satisfied. Running the 87 octane tune, WOT shift points adjusted down (-300 rpm), AFM disabled, tire ht set, trans shifts firmness increased. Part throttle, motor revs a little higher than stock between gears, at WOT motor revs hard to 5200-5250 then immediately shifts. I also did increase top speed to 106 mph, not that it was needed but did get a chance this past week to run out 3rd gear and verified 3rd gear WOT shift is also at the same 5200-5250 shift point. I think the factory shift points were 5550-5600 rpm

Unit came in late yesterday afternoon and I hooked it up and programmed the truck. I set to premium tune / set top speed at 130mph / set AFM to come on above 50 only / everything else left stock. AFM working perfectly as programmed AWESOME. i do see that on the 2016 6.2 8spd there are no options for any transmission changes yet (I wanted to make a good tire chirp 1st to 2nd and 2nd to 3rd kinda disappointed) Hypertech replied to my email and said they are working on the 8 spd trans programming and will probably have something soon that can be downloaded onto the programmer.
i had a couple of weird UNINTENDED CONSEQUENCES #1 for some odd reason the tune has affected my temp sensor when starting the truck it has the message "ice possible drive with care" ??(IT IS OVER 70F HERE LOL) the radio display shows correct outdoor temp at around 70f?
#2 HVAC controls are acting very funny you have to turn the temp way down to the low 60's to get AC to even come on in auto
i may try to set back to stock and then start all over again this morning. It is a good bit of work to remove all the fuses etc that they request before programming they want the satellite radio/onstar and any aux devices turned off, apparently any electrical spikes can mess with the programming? Not sure how critical that is I may try it without all the extra work as it does not appear that it worked perfectly after doing all that extra stuff anyway............ Besides those fuse panel covers are damn tough to remove, the one on the passenger side cut my finger trying to get it off. Proffesional grade engineering man not sure how bad it would have been with regular engineering might have cut my finger completely off haha

• 3 weeks later...

Following up, got my truck flashed today with the custom black bear tune. Incredible. So much better drivability, great power and very responsive. Like a whole new truck. Highly recommend black bear

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 2 months later...

I have a Diablo Intune I2030 for sale. I sold my 2014 Silverado that I had it on. I returned the truck to stock so the tuner is unlocked and ready to use. I bought it directly from Diablo December 2016. $200.00

Archived