LED conversion issues

So I bought the LED headlight conversion from xenon depot. Supposed to be plug and play. After I turn my headlights on, after a few seconds to several minutes they turn off. Why is this happening? I do not have the CANBus, because if I was reading it correctly you only need that if the headlights act as DRL's, which they don't in the Sierra. Was I mistaken and should order the CANBus?

So I bought the LED headlight conversion from xenon depot. Supposed to be plug and play. After I turn my headlights on, after a few seconds to several minutes they turn off. Why is this happening? I do not have the CANBus, because if I was reading it correctly you only need that if the headlights act as DRL's, which they don't in the Sierra. Was I mistaken and should order the CANBus?

You'll need the CANBus ones or add some error cancellers

The Truck's 'computer' sends a low frequency 'signal' to the headlight to make sure the bulb is still on. If it sends the signal to your bulb and doesn't detect the correct halogen voltage draw, the 'computer' kills power to the light. (I say 'computer' because I'm unsure what that system is called) I only have issues during the day with my DRL's on my 2015 Chevy Silverado LTZ. You sure it won't work at night, or when you turn the switch to 'on' as opposed to 'auto'? I've been running mine for a year or so without error eliminators (aka for this discussion- canbus) on my LTZ. I'm about to go back in and swap out the hi beams. At that time I'll connect the error eliminators to the lows as well as the highs. PS, I recently had a bulb go out and upgraded to the newest version Xenon Depots. When I first connected it, it powered right up then went out. After I messed with the headlight switch, turning lights on and off, the bulb fired up and now I have no issues at night.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This happened to me today with my new led headlights 15 GMC Sierra LTZ. I guess I need error cancellers. They work no problem until vehicle is started.

Yeah you'll need them, I learn this while doing the '16 front end swap on my truck I could turn them on with no problem while truck was off but they would turned off once I started the truck and so I tested the current and it was pulsating while truck was running so I just added the error cancellers and the pulsating stopped.

Ordered my cancellors today and also let Xenon Depot know that although their write up for the 2016 Sierra specifically says they are needed there's no mention of them in the 2015 or 2014 write ups. They said they'll edit their write ups to help future customers from making the same error.

Archived