Ticking sound from driver foot well when accelerating? 2016 5.3l 8sp

Currently when rolling onto the throttle at just about any speed but just settled into the next highest gear - I hear a consistent ticking or clicking sound coming from the driver side footwell. The sound is loudest when in a situation (street or freeway) when slightly applying the accelerator does not accelerate the truck. Its distinct and consistent, will try to capture sound / video next change i get.

• 3 months later...

Well I just came back from the dealer, it's not this he had me look himself. There was no black exhaust anywhere around that clamp, so cross that one off. The noise is still a mystery.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well guys, just got my truck back. The noise is gone, I've tried to get it to it several times and it's not there. The tech and I looked along the entire exhaust and there was no sign of any leaking. What he did do is replace my steering shaft for a funny noise it was making, that's about it. When I was underneath the truck, I hit the driver side cat several times with my fist to see if I could hear anything loose inside it, that's the only thing I did.

I couldn't believe driving it home not hearing a damn rattlesnake coming from my footwell. It might come back, who knows but all I do know is this truck has made the sound since it had a few hundred miles and I have 10K now still doing it until this most recent visit to the dealer. Just thought I would share and tell you guys knock on your driver side cat a little bit and see if that does anything

• Like 1

So could it be something to do with the steering shaft or did it do it after he replaced it?

I don't see how it could, but it stopped after the shaft got replaced. What I know is I banged on the cat with my fist, and that shaft got replaced and it's gone now.

• Like 1

Interesting. Let me know if it comes back also did yours get louder when you hit a good size bump or was it there all the time?

Nope, mine was constantly doing it correlating with throttle. More noticeable in v4 mode cruising but it would increase with throttle. Try climbing under your truck and just bang on that driver side cat, it's a long shot but that's what I did

• Like 1