I had a Wrangler Unlimited that I used to take all over north Idaho, with the lockers I could go anywhere I wanted. But, family keeps growing so I traded it the other night for a CC 2500. So now, I am looking at taking my wife, two kids, and two 70 lb dogs along and wondering how to make it work.

First question - will something like this work for us? It looks like the dogs might fit on the bed, but not sure.

https://www.deere.com/en_US/products/equipment/gator_utility_vehicles/crossover_utility_vehicles/590i_s4/590i_s4.page?

Second question - how to haul it. I would like to have a travel trailer or popup. I think a toy hauler would work fine, I can't imagine that gator would fit in the back of a CCSB. But that leaves open the problem that you must have to camp wherever you intend to ride? Since you can't just run the gator down the highway from the camping spot to the trails you want to ride.

The only other alternatives I can figure are just to run a flatbed or enclosed trailer for the UTV and go to a cabin instead, or put up a tent.

Am I thinking about this right, or is there something I am missing? Would be really cool if there was a toy hauler with a detachable trailer.

• 3 weeks later...

Sounds like a toy hauler is what you want. You'll just have to plan your camping spot so that you can ride from camp to the trails. We've done that many times in Colorado, it just takes a little more research and planning. Another option would be to get a 5th wheel camper and pull a small trailer behind it. That's what my parents did when they traded their small toy hauler for a larger 5th wheel camper. That would allow you to haul the UTV from camp to the trail if needed.

Look at the Coleman Evolution series...they are an "off road" popup with decks on them for toys. An E4 or Scorpion is what you would want for a UTV. The deck in an E3 (I owned one) is only big enough for a 4 wheeler. If you look at these, you want one with an aluminum roof, otherwise they are a solid camper.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Archived