Does anyone else have an issue with the high beam indicator light randomly coming on. Not the actual lights just the dash light

Yes, I repair this all the time in the 03-07 classic. If you are handy with a soldering iron and gentle enough to take the cluster apart I can show where to re-flow.

Yes, I repair this all the time in the 03-07 classic. If you are handy with a soldering iron and gentle enough to take the cluster apart I can show where to re-flow.

These components are really small and surface mounted on the board, so you need a needle point soldering iron no hotter than 750°F so you don't lift the foil off of the board. You then have to take the lens off without breaking it. Then you have to twist the needles off gently so you don't pull the spindle out of the motors, then separate the 2 halves to expose the board which looks like this.

2017-01-10%2012.44.24_zpsrusulvmq.jpg

Right above the High beam LED and cruise bulb is the transistor circuit that lights the high beam LED. The lower resistor of the base bias has lost continuity on one side. I always re-flow the whole circuit Which consist of a transistor, a capacitor the 2 bias resistors ( where red arrows point ) and the bigger driver resistor to the right in the blue oval.

2017-01-31%2017.18.01_zpsciqkys8t.jpg

If you aren't comfortable with this pay a pro and get it done right so it don't cost double down the line.

To put that resistor in perspective the glass bulb is 4.7mm in diameter.

Edited by Coby7

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By youn1033
      As the title says, can anyone in the Houston, TX area recommend me a place to have my AMP Powersteps installed or be willing to help me do them for some compensation and beer?? I was planning to do this myself but have been so busy I can't give 4hrs to stumble through this on my own.. 4Wheel Parts quoted me at $350 which seems a little steep for something that is simply bolted on, a harness run and plugged into the OBDII Port.

Can anybody help me out???

Thanks,
      Lance
    • By MarshallH
      My 1999 Chevy Silverado 1500 4x4 lost all oil pressure,  and then a little later engine shut off. Did not make any loud noises, It just died. When we went to restart it, we could here the starter engage, but the engine wouldn't turn over. So we had it towed, and the guy at the tow shop put a wrench on it and tried to turn it, but was unable to. We have done no further troubleshooting, this happened on January 1, 2018.

We assumed it is seized.
      What I am wondering is what you guys think, is it likely that it seized or is something else more likely to be the problem? If it is seized what part would have seized up? And would it be better to rebuild the engine, or to put a new engine in it?

The truck has about 200k miles on it, and ran perfectly before this happened.
      It is the new body style, btw.
    • By jwc10400
      I have the perimeter bed lighting option in my 2015. I was wondering if I can somehow tap into that wiring and add an led strip on the inside of my Diamondback truck cover. I’d like some sort of quick disconnect so I can still remove and replace the cover
    • By Greg09Ag
      I need help finding a component for my fuel system. I dropped the gas tank in my 2005 GMC Sierra (because of hurricane harvey and the truck has sat for awhile) and found a 90 degree connector with a plug in it, that has a broken hose connection from what looks like a vent line on the rear of the tank. I cannot seem to locate this fitting anywhere, I've looked at autozone, rockauto, oreillys, and various GM parts dealers online with no luck. I've attached pictures of where it's broken.

Do I even need this line? Could I plug it off? If anything I suppose I could tap a new fitting on somehow if push came to shove. Thanks in advance!

• By Zane

GM-Trucks.com and Sylvania Automotive are teaming up to give away a pair of Cube-X LED Lights! We just installed our own set, so if you are not familiar with the Cube-X just head on over and read our review.
      It's very easy to enter and costs NOTHING. Just read through our rules, answer a three question survey, post your answers to this thread, and a random winner will be announced on April 16th. 

Product Description - What We're Giving Away
      TWO (2) - Sylvania LED Cube - 45 Degree Flood Light

SYLVANIA LED CUBE-X Off-Road Wide Flood Light offers 1100 effective lumens at a 45-degree angle. The Wide Flood light is our widest beam pattern, illuminating obstacles, debris and potential hazards. Great for illuminating work sites, too.
      Unique X-shaped LED accent light for on-road use Intense 6000K off-road 45º wide flood light with 1350 effective lumens Rugged aluminum body designed for optimal thermal conductivity, handles rough off-road environments and resists corrosion Lifetime limited warranty Cube-X assembly Includes: LED module, Mounting bracket, Carriage bolt (M8 x 1 1∕8), Two lock nuts and three split lock washers https://www.sylvania-automotive.com/products/other-lighting/led-off-road/led_cube_flood_45_degree.jsp

The Giveaway Rules
      No purchase necessary as this giveaway is all in good fun and not scientific.  To be considered, answer the questions in our Giveaway Poll (below) and post your honest answers in this thread. Any incomplete or illegible responses will disqualified Users may only submit one set of answers. Moderators/Admins/Staff are not eligible On April 16th, 2018 the admins (Zane/Josh) will choose a random winner out of all completed and valid responses.  This giveaway thread will close April 15th at 11:59pm eastern.   
      The Sylvania Cube-X Giveaway Poll
      Answer the following questions as honestly as you can. Please elaborate as much as you feel comfortable. These answers will be used as an informal marketing survey by Sylvania Automotive. 

Is accessorizing your truck something that you are currently interested and/or investing in?
      IF YES: What is your to top priority when choosing accessories for your truck? (Quality/Price/Look/Reviews)
      IF NO:  Why not? (No time/money, inexperience, no vehicle) Would you purchase something because it's priced cheaper, regardless of negative reviews, or options of higher-end, better quality products? (YES or NO) Would you purchase an accessory purely based on how it looks? Even if that means the product does not work well or may not work at all?  

UPDATE- WE HAVE A WINNER