Time to upgrade the sound system again

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I do refer a tweeter less setup myself because with Sq a lot of the times less is more and staging has a lot to do with it. That's just me but in some cases a tweeter is definitely needed if you can't get the full range staged right

Put some AudioFrog GB25s in the dash, they will blow you away.

+1 for these. I have heard them and they are very nice but unfortunately, they are out of most people's price range including mine. As of now, I do not think I would ever go with a tweeter less setup just because it allows you to run these drivers in their stock locations and cross them before their off axis response falls off. I cannot get out of my truck anymore. I am finding any and every excuse to get in it and go for a drive but there is still the noise in my system and I will be changing out some speakers.

The noise in my system is being produced by the amp. Does not matter if gain is at 0 and no inputs into it, I am still getting a hiss. Appears to be a poorly designed amp. Sonicelectronix is working on some troubleshooting with me but I already know what the out come will be so I am thinking of replacing my tweeter/midrange amp with ARC Audio's XDI V2 450.4 and keeping the PPI amp for the midbasses and bridging it.

Going back to the current driver I have in the dash, the SB Acoustics SB65WBAC25-4, I decided to run it full range and I must say, it does a ton better on full range with low power. Although they do not work very well for my setup, I believe anyone looking to change out the stock dash speakers and maintain their stock wiring and power, this is a great cost efficient option with plenty of clarity on the high end. That hollowness could be what my installer believes; the vibration of the aluminum causing reverb. Decided to shoot SB Acoustics an email to see what they say. Now, with that said, I have been searching for other replacements in the event that the FaitalPRO's are not up to my liking and came across a company called Audible Physics (AP). Small company in Indonesia with a ton SQ trophies under their belt but limited information on their drivers. Someone who works directly with AP on DIYMA is clearing out a stash and has a pair of AP MR3-P midranges and a set of AP AR3-A midranges and AR20 tweeters so I am feeling this one up. Limited information would be a gamble but with the limited info I have found, this company is praised and does not produce anything less than incredible. Many people actually run their 3" speakers tweeterless and are very happy so that is something to keep in mind as well.

The current tweeters are the Seas. These are bright and I am getting a rather piercing sound any time a vocal hits a th, or similar, pronunciation. It is not terrible but certainly very noticeable. There are currently no EQ adjustments and none will be made until the dash speaker is replaced but this tweeter has done very well so far. I prefer higher treble and this gives me what I want. It's my treble and I want it now! Should not be hard to get them setup right with the DSP. Plus, they are surface mounted and needed minimal work to get them installed so that is another huge plus for Seas. Small tweeter, efficient, clear, cheap and easy mounting option makes it a definite option for us.

As for my door speakers, they are not able to keep up. 2 years of trying to run the full range of the OEM system did them no good and they just cannot put out the midbass we want so looks like some Focal Access will be going in there. These are cost effective, efficient drivers that can take a bunch of power and dish out the results.

I am still undecided what I'm going to do. I promise myself I wouldn't touch the audio in this truck but if I do I will need a good full range to run tweeter less and no sub. I'm thinking of getting the hybrid audio 6x9 mid bass and cross them low and a hydride audio l3 or l3se for the dash. I'm past cutting up vehicles for audio

I am still undecided what I'm going to do. I promise myself I wouldn't touch the audio in this truck but if I do I will need a good full range to run tweeter less and no sub. I'm thinking of getting the hybrid audio 6x9 mid bass and cross them low and a hydride audio l3 or l3se for the dash. I'm past cutting up vehicles for audio

Quit making promises you're not gonna keep! Stay tuned to this thread as I still have some others I will be testing. If you do decide to change your setup, I highly recommend a sub. Even a small 8" to cover all the lower frequencies.

Went in a direction I was trying to avoid. Ended up purchasing an ARC Audio XDI 1200.6 V2 amp and purchased the Audible Physics midrange and tweeter set for $200 brand new in the box so that's a major discount. He is one of the distributors here in the US so no need to worry about any issues and if they do have issues, he can handle them which is reassuring. I think having a set with a midrange and tweeter that were built for each other will be perfect for the system.

As for now, I have gotten a couple pm's asking for pictures of tweeters. Well , here you go. Like I said, did not want to pay for custom pillars so this is what I settled with. Doesn't both me but let's see what happen when the AP stuff gets in.

d1a531cd148df4b1ef6e4d3d650943de.jpg7e33f810aedc0a5fb53754f6481a4d0d.jpgd6bf6c09def17ba61cb45c989e2ad06f.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

I need to know the audible physics set you bought and where to get it from. I haven't used that in many many moons

I think I can fit a full range and tweeter in the stock dash spot. Maybe that's what I'll do

http://www.diymobileaudio.com/forum/car-audio-classifieds/320394-cleaning-out-stash-sale.html

Message papasin over at DIYMA. He has sets still BNIB that have never been powered. He is one of the handful of distributors for AP. If you don't have an account and want to get them, you can just PM me your email and I can send it to him. I had 3 people confirm that they absolutely love their set and 1 person that said they prefer the RAM set (of course, there is always one person who says it isn't good enough). To me, they are meant to be married together and that will be a beautiful result. Plus, they are nearly $350 off the price so for $200, I don't think you could go wrong. He already shipped them with tracking and you can believe they are going in the same day they get here.

As for fitting both in the stock spot, yea, I think you can but you are going to struggle to get it to sound right because of the positioning. The set I got conveniently comes with multiple mounts so its going in the same location as mine now.

Here is their site with the spec sheet for the AR3P. You are probably going through SLA Acoustics, right? RAM is their continuance line. They started making specific lines but I don't think they carry these anymore. I know they were used in multiple SQ cars but you know how those guys are, they need it to be perfect (yet it is never perfect) so AP is working on 3 lines. They merged everything to their RAM line and started the BRAHMA and AP original line. RAM is the most expensive followed by the BRAHMA and then the AP original line. Papasin can give you much more information on this as he has tested them before. The Arians seem much older.

Here is the post for their entire line. http://www.diymobileaudio.com/forum/industry-shop-talk/156033-audible-physics-team-product-information.html

Also, here are coupon codes I found last night.

81508eeb6669897b5b7b4d4d6eb1f65c.jpg

Archived