Any using "wheel skins" over factory steel wheels?

I just got my 2016 2500HD. I have factory steel wheels and I am looking to dress them up a bit. Anyone using something like this?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/4-Chevy-Silverado-2500-3500-HD-17-8-Lug-CHROME-Wheel-Skins-Rim-Covers-Hub-Caps-/231736533601?hash=item35f492e261:g:a~4AAOSwu-BWOSMA&vxp=mtr

They look decent to me. The price is right too!

It's almost just like a .......... hubcap. What a great idea. They do look decent in the photos though.

I know it's a hubcap...don't know why They call it s skin. Just wondering if anyone has used some recently. Do they hold up after s few years? Fade, chip, fall off etc....

Silly guy....

When my wife had her 2012 equinox we bought a set for it for like $50 we washed it like once a week they held up well until winter which I was going to remove them but she wanted to leave them on. Well they did what you would expect of a thin chrome finish to do and pitted but I cleaned them a few times during winter with polish after a regular wash neither of us got to upset for low the cost to replace them she ended up trading vehicles this past summer so we didn't replace that original set but I wouldn't expect one set to last forever if in salty conditions

When my wife had her 2012 equinox we bought a set for it for like $50 we washed it like once a week they held up well until winter which I was going to remove them but she wanted to leave them on. Well they did what you would expect of a thin chrome finish to do and pitted but I cleaned them a few times during winter with polish after a regular wash neither of us got to upset for low the cost to replace them she ended up trading vehicles this past summer so we didn't replace that original set but I wouldn't expect one set to last forever if in salty conditions

This is what I was looking for. Thanks! Good idea of taking them off in winter. Especially here in Wisconsin.

I know it's a hubcap...don't know why They call it s skin. Just wondering if anyone has used some recently. Do they hold up after s few years? Fade, chip, fall off etc....

Silly guy....

They turn green really fast up in the salt states. If it were my truck, I'd find a nice set of the factory 17" aluminum wheels (a takeoff set ready to go) and keep the steels for winter.

They turn green really fast up in the salt states. If it were my truck, I'd find a nice set of the factory 17" aluminum wheels (a takeoff set ready to go) and keep the steels for winter.

This is what I originally wanted to do. Too pricey right now. I could just take these covers off come winter. I'm still watching for take offs in case I find a great deal though.

I have a set of the 18 inch chrome skins and they have done fine so far, haven't had them long though - 6 months. They do dress the truck up for sure. Also you need to let them sit in the sun and warm up a little before you put them on. They are a tight fit!

I have a set of the 18 inch chrome skins and they have done fine so far, haven't had them long though - 6 months. They do dress the truck up for sure. Also you need to let them sit in the sun and warm up a little before you put them on. They are a tight fit!

Thanks for the tip!

Archived