2016 Chevy Silverado-How to disable Active Noise Cancellation

nwtx7256

Question

I saw another post where someone said they cut the ANC wire in order to eliminate some annoying feedback that is emitted through aftermarket subs. I am in the same boat and need advice finding the ANC wire in order to cut/disable. Does anyone know where to find the wire or have any other solutions? Your help is appreciated.

8 answers to this question

I have a 2017 silverado 6.2 with noise cancellation. Just had some subs and amp installed along with LC2i

This is on the rear passenger door bottom sill. Pull the plastic and you'll see your harness like the first pic. Cut the plastic then find the violet/blue stripe wire and cut it. It's the crankshaft position sensor input to the bose amp. I'll post the link where I found the info!

Is it two violet/blue stripe wires ??? I found one and cut it which fixed the annoying rubble coming through the aftermarket subs while sitting still with the truck idling but when you go down the road it still does it ? What else do I have to do to disable the Active Noise Cancellation totally?

For future reference...The install instructions are found a the link below and discuss 2 options for disabling the ANC...1) dealer programing; 2) disconnecting an ANC microphone (disables the system)

https://www.kicker.com/app/manuals/vss/chevy/SSUTAYU15 - 20180313.pdf

• Thanks 1

Thanks for the link. I added the JL Stealthbox 10” under center console. I haven’t noticed any ANC interference. Disconnected mic by drivers grab handle. Looks like another mic by passenger grab handle for anc. Guessing Bluetooth mic is the larger one by driver sun visor. 

Instructions state that that you only need to disconnect one mic to disable ANC

Edited by 2009GMC

I know this is an old thread, but, thought I would leave this in case anyone is looking to add subs w/Bose or disable ANC. 

https://www.amazon.com/2016-2018-Silverado-Amplifier-ANC-Kit/dp/B07N31K1R9/ref=sr_1_2?s=wireless&ie=UTF8&qid=1550781713&sr=8-2&keywords=6g-bzt