Hey, quick back seat help?

New poster here, hey everyone. I have a '13 Silverado crew cab (four door) and I can't seem to get the rear backrest down to access behind the seats. Is there a trick to this? I see the plastic coated cables, but pulling on them doesn't seem to do anything. Anyone have any advice?

Thanks in advance!

I wasn't aware that you could fold the back seat down.. Only flip up the bottom of the seat. No idea why this is but my 2011 crew cab was this way too.

Sent from my E6810 using Tapatalk

Backs are stationary from the factory, however there is a thread "somewhere" where a guy had shaved off the supports for the back portion of the seats and it would fold down. Sry I am too lazy to look that up for you haha but I promise it is here in the archives somewhere.

You can unbolt the seats and lift it up to remove them. From what I remember the seats have a bracket in the back that drops into a pocket. Man you really need to do that search and find that thread it had all kinds of pics and stuff. You might find like a winning LOTTO ticket or something in behind that rear seat!

Backs are stationary from the factory, however there is a thread "somewhere" where a guy had shaved off the supports for the back portion of the seats and it would fold down. Sry I am too lazy to look that up for you haha but I promise it is here in the archives somewhere.

I read the same thread about the folding seat. I think it was posted in the 2014-2017 section by someone wanting to fold one of those down. That thread must have been written nearly 2 years ago.

Archived