1500 people looking for a condenser

Just trying to help everyone out here..I caused as much trouble for gm as I could but I really want to take my kids on a road trip. So I broke down and after several cancelled orders, got a condenser!! I had gotten to the point that I didn't care what brand or how long it lasted so found one on Amazon for $248. Shipped immediately and I received it in 3 days. Brand is Pacific Best and their website says they've been doing condenser and radiators for 20+ years. Looks solid. Install has me thinking about divorce, but it's in and holding vacuum!! Charging it shortly.

FYI...The 10mm bolts under the tie bar support piece are a mother...Small hands, small tools, and a lot of patience.

Good luck..If Amazon has no stock, check back often. Took about 12 hours of looking for me to get one.

Oh, and I had called around, several local shops said they'd do the install/recharge if I got the part for about $500. We rented gauge/ vac and bout the r134 and oil so our total is around $280..Still, if I had paid someone it would have been 1/2 the dealership cost.

From what I understand, this is a problem that affects every GM truck and SUV since 2014. There are something like 1,000,000 condensers on order.

Big problem. I wonder if they they are made in China?

My a/c is still cold... but I guess its just a matter of time.

GM needs to step up and initiate a recall... but I doubt that will happen. There are a lot of very, very unhappy owners out there. A/C is considered an absolute necessity anymore.

Just from my knothole....

The issue is a design flaw. The leak is systemically occurring at a donut shaped dip braze joint that connects the end row plenum to the dryer housing.

This component was likely designed by a supplier, quite possibly that manufactures off shore. GM would have provided performance requirements, connection design, mounting design, dimensional envelope. It wouldn't surprise me to find out the supplier manufactures for other brands.

Archived