Cracked Denali Rim

HI there, I have recently had the excat same thing happen to me with my 2017 GMC Sierra Elevation with 20 in rims. THe driver side front rim cracked on the inside edge with no significant impact and no visible damage to the tire. I am fighting the dealership as we speak. How did you make out?

• 2 weeks later...

How do you know if its not a soft wheel.  My dealer shared that there was an effort to find wheels that were not processed correctly and regarded as soft to the specification.  This type of wheel would fail under normal loads on the road.  I understand some wheels have evidence of some type of hardness testing on the back of the wheel, invisible to the customer while on the truck.  Might want to review with the dealer.

• 1 year later...

I’ve had exact same problem recently. The  rear passenger side rim cracked on inside . 20 in rims . Never hit anything . First time I ever had a flat since I bought truck new.Just changed factory tires after 105000 km 3 days earlier at deskershop . Bought exact same Goodyear tires . 2018 Silverado. After 3 days I got low pressure alarm . Figured it was just a nail I picked up 

• 1 month later...

I  have been so disappointed  with  my 2018 Chevy   22 in rims    well here is the cold  hard truth  at  just 2258mile  I had my first  life treating  encounter with the 22-in rims   I was traveling about 55 down the state highway and I get the feeling of a wobble I'll look in my rear view mirror and it looks just like my rear end is going left right left right left right left right left right now and it's literally running on the inside of the tire   but it's totally separated into two pieces 

19 minutes ago, Zwn2018 said:

I  have been so disappointed  with  my 2018 Chevy   22 in rims    well here is the cold  hard truth  at  just 2258mile  I had my first  life treating  encounter with the 22-in rims   I was traveling about 55 down the state highway and I get the feeling of a wobble I'll look in my rear view mirror and it looks just like my rear end is going left right left right left right left right left right now and it's literally running on the inside of the tire   but it's totally separated into two pieces 

I'll

IMG_20181210_112849.jpg

IMG_20181210_112805.jpg

IMG_20181210_112851.jpg

I have had a similar issues with the 3 other rims also  the truck don't  have 60000mile and I have bought a total  of 8rims 

The 4  original rims and 4  rims and tires   from similar issues now I  have another rim and tire  gone bad. it scares me to know that I am on my 9th rim and tire on a truck that doesn't have 60,000 miles on it I really feel like I'm riding around on a ticking time bomb

• 3 weeks later...