Cracked Denali Rim

Has anyone cracked a 20" Denali rim? I have no recollection of hitting anything hard and somehow my wheel cracked along the inside edge. Thought I picked up a nail or something because it was losing 40 psi a day. The tire shows no damage or sign of impact. Not sure how this will be handled on a truck that's only 13 months old.

Go to the dealer, don't see why they'd refuse to fix under warranty. I'm sure you have 22s maybe? So less tire sidewall means the tire takes the suspension impact worse and most likely the impact goes to the rim more than if you had more sidewall. The tire sidewall takes road impacts first, not the suspension. So the factory 18s and tires on my '14 when I had it takes impact better than what you probably have.

On a side note. This shows that the extra money just gets you more features, not necessarily better quality. Like when someone says "I shouldn't have to deal with this on a 60K truck".

Go to the dealer, don't see why they'd refuse to fix under warranty. I'm sure you have 22s maybe? So less tire sidewall means the tire takes the suspension impact worse and most likely the impact goes to the rim more than if you had more sidewall. The tire sidewall takes road impacts first, not the suspension. So the factory 18s and tires on my '14 when I had it takes impact better than what you probably have.

On a side note. This shows that the extra money just gets you more features, not necessarily better quality. Like when someone says "I shouldn't have to deal with this on a 60K truck".

This is the 2500/3500 truck section, 22's are not a option, he stated he has 20in. wheels.

These wheels are NOT known for cracking, betting the dealer/GM fights you all the way but a good service writer would easily get this taken care of under warranty.

This is the 2500/3500 truck section, 22's are not a option, he stated he has 20in. wheels.

These wheels are NOT known for cracking, betting the dealer/GM fights you all the way but a good service writer would easily get this taken care of under warranty.

I know it's the HD section, guess I had a brain fart and forgot he said he had 20s. Even with 20s though if he has factory size tires they're considered low pro. Maybe I'm just saying garbage that isn't true, just what I was thinking. Even though it's rare, I have seen cheap rims break, not just crack, but completely break. I'm sure it's just a defect with the metal itself and see no problem why he won't be able to get it replaced under warranty.

Cost me $826 installed with the core charge to keep the old wheel. I'm filing a claim with GM. I just can't believe that this could be my fault since I have no recollection of impacting something that hard. The wheel has a slight bend at the location of the crack but I think the bend could have happened as a result of the crack.

Cost me $826 installed with the core charge to keep the old wheel. I'm filing a claim with GM. I just can't believe that this could be my fault since I have no recollection of impacting something that hard. The wheel has a slight bend at the location of the crack but I think the bend could have happened as a result of the crack.

I think you are going to eat this one, no way for you to prove the bend was not there before, sucks.

I think GM had some problems with windshields in these trucks when they came out and lots of people took the hit on new windshields when they cracked under pressure, you can bet GM said it was not their fault.

If the middle # is 60 or below it's considered a low pro tire.

Many seem to feel that 50 an lower is low profile.

But regardless of the definition, it's likely more valuable to learn the profile ratio means and how that can affect handling, ride and appearance.