XM Radio Isse

My XM radio stopped working in my truck two weeks ago. The screen is telling my signal is blocked, so when I called XM they refreshed the radio with no luck. Anyone else have this issue?

My XM radio stopped working in my truck two weeks ago. The screen is telling my signal is blocked, so when I called XM they refreshed the radio with no luck. Anyone else have this issue?

Did one of these the other day that was the radio itself. Could be your high frequency antenna too. Could also be coax cable as well. This issue will require some diagnosis, unless you wanna throw parts at it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Did they by chance walk you through the refresh process? Not just re-sending the signal.

I received an XM subscription for my birthday a couple weeks back and had a similar issue in my 2015 Silverado. Once they tried the re-sending of the signal, they walked me through the re-fresh of the system. It basically was a bunch of steps that I can't recall, but involved turning the truck on for 30 seconds or so, turning it off for 30 seconds, opening the driver door for 60 seconds, etc. After this was done, they re-sent the signal, and it worked. Make sure you do this outside, not in a garage or underground. Call Sirius XM for the step-by-step or chat with them online.

• Like 1

I actually contacted Sirius XM now for you for the details:

The following power cycle as per the steps below:

1. With your vehicle in an open area for reception, place your radio into Satellite mode.
2. Leave the receiver on for 30 seconds.
3. Turn the radio off and please remove car keys from ignition.
4. Open driver-side door fully and leave open for 30-40 seconds.
This is a soft reset of the SiriusXM receiver within your vehicle. Once complete please power the radio in your vehicle back on and place it in SiriusXM mode. Your receiver will require a signal refresh:
In order to send a signal refresh, you may visit us at: www.siriusxm.ca/refresh
Alternatively, you may reach us by phone at: 1-888-539-7474 then press 4 for refresh with your radio

Edited by SilveradoSaver
  • Like 1

There is something wrong with the hardware or software of your actual radio. If it thought you didn't have a subscription it would default to 2 stations. Their preview station and another that tells you the radio id.

Your antenna cable could have come loose or something, but if it's under warranty, this is a GM problem. I would take it in.

If not under warranty, I would check the connections at the radio module paying close attention to the XM antenna. If that looks fine, you can buy xm antennas very cheap. Buy one and try it out. You may not get perfect reception (due to the roof), but you can technically leave that antenna under the top layer of the dash. It should only really affect your reception in the northern states. You may also be able to find a diagnostic test in the hidden menu for your radio. I think it's holding home, menu and power or something like that.

If it's not the antenna, or as someone else mentioned, resetting the radio, you're probably looking at replacing more expensive parts and it may be worth it to have the dealer diagnose it, if only so you're not throwing money away.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 8/31/2017 at 8:14 PM, jhplak325 said:

Do have factory gps and if you do, is it working? Is the lights green in the mirror of onstar?

Could be the onstar antenna

Yes, I have factory GPS and it is working. Yes, the green lights are lit.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I'm curious if/how you got this issue fixed. I also have a 2015 Silverado with this exact same issue.  Dealer wants $190 just for a diagnostic test,  maybe I'm too cheap but that seems steep to me. So thru my research I found this site, hoping to find some answers. Any help is appreciated!

• 8 months later...
  • 11 months later...
On 8/31/2017 at 3:47 PM, 1fast ss said:

1 fast ss: How did you resolve your issue? I have the same problem with my 2014 Sierra. XM worked fine for 6 years. In the last few weeks, I have been getting "No XM Signal Reception may be blocked". However, the raadio does work occasionally for 3-5 minutes, so I wonder if it is just a loose antenna cable. The AM/FM radios work fine.

Edited by jammy54

• 2 weeks later...