2016 2500HD Midnight Edition Mods (Ultra Midnight) Pic Heavy

I also have a midnight with the 3.5 RC and Im trying to decide on wheels and tires I would like mine more flush with the fenders any advice on size and offset. Mine has OEM mud guards also that I would like to keep. How or what made you decide on your wheel and tire package? Love the grill by the way thats a mod I thought of doing, did you do it yourself if so talk about the process.

attachicon.gifDSC_8230.jpg

attachicon.gifDSC_8232.jpg

attachicon.gifDSC_8225.jpg

attachicon.gifDSC_8222.jpg

attachicon.gifDSC_8224.jpg

attachicon.gifDSC_8235.jpg

attachicon.gifDSC_8236.jpg

attachicon.gifDSC_8233.jpg

attachicon.gifDSC_8234.jpg

truck is sick! question... for the ptm chrome grille inserts you did. did you paint over the oem chrome insert? Or did you buy a black ptm replacement inserts from the dealer? every paint shop I ask about painting any of the chrome on my truck all tell me the same thing, that you can paint it but it won't last very long and that you need a replacement ptm part for any of it. I have a white truck but want to paint just the chrome grille inserts a satin black. Edited by Jhernandez909

I also have a midnight with the 3.5 RC and Im trying to decide on wheels and tires I would like mine more flush with the fenders any advice on size and offset. Mine has OEM mud guards also that I would like to keep. How or what made you decide on your wheel and tire package? Love the grill by the way thats a mod I thought of doing, did you do it yourself if so talk about the process.

I think a 20x9 +0 will be petty flush, I have the flares so I did a -18 on a 20x10. I wanted the biggest lip I could get and be pretty flush with the flares.

truck is sick! question... for the ptm chrome grille inserts you did. did you paint over the oem chrome insert? Or did you buy a black ptm replacement inserts from the dealer? every paint shop I ask about painting any of the chrome on my truck all tell me the same thing, that you can paint it but it won't last very long and that you need a replacement ptm part for any of it. I have a white truck but want to paint just the chrome grille inserts a satin black.

Grill bars were removed, just screws in the back.

Chrome was scuffed, primed, base coated and cleared.

Chrome can be painted over just fine if done right.

How did you install all the wiring for the leds? did you drill a hole on the dust cap for the headlights to fit all the wiring?

Everything fit in the light itself no drilling. Theres a lot of room in there. Fit the ballast and Canbus box in there no problem.

• Like 1

I think a 20x9 +0 will be petty flush, I have the flares so I did a -18 on a 20x10. I wanted the biggest lip I could get and be pretty flush with the flares.

Grill bars were removed, just screws in the back.

Chrome was scuffed, primed, base coated and cleared.

Chrome can be painted over just fine if done right.

Everything fit in the light itself no drilling. Theres a lot of room in there. Fit the ballast and Canbus box in there no problem.

I got mine to fit it's just kinda tight with the ballast and canbus. I had to fold the heat shields toward the led or forwards to be able to get the cap back on and also could not really spread them out that much at all as the instructions suggest. did you also do this? And thanks for the help!

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...