2000 silverado, 4.3 long box 2wd hard shift into third.

Dlo696

Hello, I'm new to this site. I'm looking for any info that can help me with my problem.

My truck started shifting hard in third and when down shifting into 2nd. All the tranny shops say rebuild and take no time trying to figure it out. It throws no codes, I have reset the pcm which is supposed to remove any hidden codes causing limp mode if I am correct?

It shifts normal again and reseting pcm but after driving starts shifting hard again with no code.

I believe if there was something wrong with the internal hard parts it wouldn't shift normally when reseting pcm which it does and would make sense. I was told it is wear on the bands which is normal.

The truck has 215000 on it and has been doing this for 2 years it doesn't get any better or worse.

I tried replacing rear ujoint, greased splines of slip yolk, cleaned maf, changed tranny filter and oil. If I could get a code it would help. I have a scan tool of my own. My scan tool and the one at the tranny shop find no codes. wtf is wrong with my truck?

63 views and not one comment. Please excuse the typos as I'm using a cell phone. Is it possible for no one

To have experienced and fixed the same problem? Any help would be appreciated.

• 1 month later...

The reason why they are quick to say rebuild is due to what I am assuming that you have the ever so fragile 4l60e trans.

Id avoid rebuild and go the route of upgrading it to a 4l80e if that's the case.

That's if it is in fact going. That's a lot of miles on it. Silly question, but when was the last time you did a full fluid and filter change on it?

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

The reason why they are quick to say rebuild is due to the fact that you have the ever so fragile 4l60e trans.
Id avoid rebuild and go the route of upgrading it to a 4l80e

That's if it is in fact going. That's a lot of miles on it. Silly question, but when was the last time you did a full fluid and filter change on it?

Disregard the last line, I missed where you said you changed it recently

Archived