GMC folding mirror

I have a 2008 GMC Sierra Denali. My driver side folding mirror no longer folds in with the push of a button. You can hear hear it trying to fold in but it doesn't go anywhere. What part do I need? How hard is it to replace? 

• 2 weeks later...

I did the passenger side late this summer, it was so much faster then than the still original drivers side that I then ordered the 2nd one. I could have saved I believe about $30 if I had gotten both on the first order. When I am in a snug parking situation now I always fold them in as I believe that is how the first one broke.

• 9 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

took mine to a car wash this weekend, the bone heads manually folded in my mirrors and broke the drivers side.  it just flops around now about 1/4" both directions and wont power fold or unfold.  Why they manually folded the mirror when its power fold is beyond me.  Im trying to get them to pay for this.  I will probably take it apart soon and see whats wrong but may just upgrade to the metal gears like you suggested.  I knew it was only matter of time before some bonehead man handled these fragile mirrors.

• 1 month later...

You can do anything, with the right enough money. You would likely need both capabilities (control of mirror with or without key).

So, rather than change the power source, you would install a switch that changes from either battery or ignition switch. Note, you might need a relay to ensure that the amperage draw won't overwhelm the ignition key circuit.

Hey Branden. The gear is the part that you need especially since you say you can still hear it running. I have replaced many of them and they are pretty simple to install. Here is the part on Amazon. I would personally just rather buy it off amazon so I wouldn't have any issues sending it back is there is a problem. Plus... who doesn't have an amazon account in this day and age. Ha!

https://amzn.to/2DdtfeD

Also if you need in help let me know. I can walk you through it.

https://amzn.to/2DdtfeD