Fixed rough idle

Hey guys! I kinda fix it.. the rough idle.

first of all, mine it’s a Mexican Silverado 1500, 2014 and I think it’s a WT since it has no power windows or keyfob keyless entry.

well what I did, is change the spark plugs (bro tip, don’t buy them on the dealership, they cost me 1500 pesos (like 70 bucks) instead of 400 (like 20 bucks on eBay), change air filter with one of those Walmart only fram and clean the throttle (the mechanics took it out and clean it with the crc throttle cleaner and with some brush until it was clean asf), and clean the air sensor too with the crc sensor cleaner.

now after all this, i turn it on and guess what? Still the roughly idle..

but! I remember there was a reprogramming mode for the throttle body so I check it online , did it, and boom! Steady 730-750 rpms..

the reprogramming mode is just turn it on in park for 3 minutes, then turn it off for 1 minute, then turn it on again for another 3 minutes, then forget about it and drive it in highway or so (I personally took a 400 km road trip but with a few miles it’s okay) and then it will start idling in those RPMs.

Edited by Denmar

Now.. since a few months (personally do know how many because it’s my father pickup), has a little shudder when he is driving slow and trying to change gear (sliping I think it’s called), so I look for transmission oil and I think it’s a little low, so I’m these days I will add some Lucas automatic transmission conditioner to it, instead of adding transmission oil to see if this fix it and I will update later.

16 hours ago, Denmar said:

Now.. since a few months (personally do know how many because it’s my father pickup), has a little shudder when he is driving slow and trying to change gear (sliping I think it’s called), so I look for transmission oil and I think it’s a little low, so I’m these days I will add some Lucas automatic transmission conditioner to it, instead of adding transmission oil to see if this fix it and I will update later.

Shudder is a sign of torque converter going bad. Still under warranty? If so, take it to dealer and have them experience the shudder, it may get you a new TC.

I had to get my transmission rebuilt fully when mine went and destroyed almost everything in the trans. I wasnt under warranty.