Front Leveling Kit

DonS

Hello everyone... New to this forum.  I just installed what I thought was a 1.5" front leveling kit which simply consisted of spacers that I inserted between the bottom control arm and strut.  The spacers measure 1.5" thick but they lifted the front by over 2 inches.  Does anyone know how thick the spacers should be to lift the truck 1.5 inches?  Obviously it's not a 1:1 ratio.  I'm thinking I was sent the wrong spacers.  Thanks for any input.

Is your truck level now, or is the front too high?  Mine looks like 2 to 2.5 I checked would level it nicely.  The ratio should be roughly equivalent to the motion ratio of the suspension.  Measure the distance from the control arm pivot point to the ball joint and the distance from the shock mount to the ball joint.  That will give you the ratio.

Thanks for the reply Mike! My truck is level now and actually looks good.  The problem is that I tow semi frequently and am concerned with the rear squatting too much, which is why I only wanted the front lifted 1.5".  Again am just curious if anyone knows what the spacer thickness should be for a 1.5" lift.

IMG_20180112_153720.jpg

The 2 inch front leveling kit I got from Rough Country came with a 1 inch spacer,  so I'm going to say 3/4 inch spacer for 1.5 inch lift.

If you ordered 1.5 then you no doubt got sent the wrong kit. You could keep it and add a 2 inch rear block to get that added lift out back as that is the easiest, that is what I did but with a 1.5 front. I hate level, it looks nose high when level, doesn't look as good or proper and I tow and haul and don't want to be squatting or blinding traffic with my lights when it is working.

Good luck, nice truck.

Tyler

Archived